weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

I really like that, very clever and inventive. A simple premise but really well executed :)

Great start Stan, I loved the blue sky in the stunning little street.
I love your photochoppy, it is a cracking image well composed.

Someone mentioned den in the Main Discussion thread for this week’s theme. So happen during my morning walk yesterday I came across this corner of a disused artillery battery, built in the 1860’s overlook the harbour and was used to defend the city during both World Wars.

Week 02 Dirty

Dirty Den by Stan, on Flickr

Stan, the colour version makes my blood boil more than the B&W, so I guess you made the right choice for your submission. Good social commentary image.

Reactions: rpn
Nice find Stan.
Colour for me also

Definitely the colour has the desired impact, just unfortunate you are easily able to find areas like this all over the country

Yes I mentioned Dirty Den - thinking of East Enders - going back a bit I think! Very apt title for it.

This is truly horrible to see, and perfect for the theme. Well captured and I think the colour one works best at bringing out the worst in it, so to speak! :D

Yes I mentioned Dirty Den - thinking of East Enders - going back a bit I think! Very apt title for it.

This is truly horrible to see, and perfect for the theme. Well captured and I think the colour one works best at bringing out the worst in it, so to speak! :D

Thanks for the hint and suggestion. (y)

The colour works better not a nice sight but fairly common unfortunately

I’m with everyone else Stan. The colour one shows the rubbish to its full extent.

I agree with everyone - the colour really highlights the amount of rubbish that's been dumped.

Dirty
Do you know what, I think I like the black and white version more. The colour in the first shot makes it all a bit busy.

Nearby is a very photogenic street, nicely captured.
Fruit, very cleverly done, nice photoshopping.
Dirty, all to common unfortunately, I think I prefer the colour shot.

Images like this make me feel like we really don't deserve this planet. The photo invokes and emotion. So well done from me!

Colour definitely. Photograph aside, which is a good catch, the subject matter is a cause for such great concern. I live in Cornwall and you would think that it was quite pristine since so few people live there but this is a common site especially in the hedgerows where I walk in the countryside when people, usually youngsters, throw stuff out of their car windows -- out of site, out of mind! They don't realise that they will have to live with it as they age, I hope they enjoy it.

Colour definitely. Photograph aside, which is a good catch, the subject matter is a cause for such great concern. I live in Cornwall and you would think that it was quite pristine since so few people live there but this is a common site especially in the hedgerows where I walk in the countryside when people, usually youngsters, throw stuff out of their car windows -- out of site, out of mind! They don't realise that they will have to live with it as they age, I hope they enjoy it.

Thank you, Martin. I'm with you about littering in particular the so call dog owners leaving their doggie bags by the side or even hanging in the tree branches. :mad:

Colour for me too. Its a sad indictment that in any given area in the UK you're probably within metres of a scene like this. Nice shot indeed.

Dirty - I agree the colour version shows the problem better it is such a shame people are so thoughtless.

Colour for me too. Its a sad indictment that in any given area in the UK you're probably within metres of a scene like this. Nice shot indeed.

Dirty - I agree the colour version shows the problem better it is such a shame people are so thoughtless.

Thank you, both David and Alison.

A couple from me this week. The first one is a small sea stack tuck away within a narrow inlet cove. Two images blended together to balance the highlight and shadow details. Instead of 2 separate exposures which I know will never able to get the wave pattern exactly the same I duplicated a single RAW file with one process for the background and the other for the rock face.
(better details in Flickr)

Week 03 Rock

Sea Stack by Stan, on Flickr

The first one for me Stan, it seems to make the biggest statement (y)

Back