weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Hi Stan,
Absolutely loving your reflection images. I think the 'classic pano' aspect works really well.
Rough is good. It made me smile. A great interpretation to the theme.
Cracking shot for smooth too. Such lovely colours and smooth dreamy water.
Nice and sharp shot for Alive too. Excellent detail.

Reflection
Nice image, really like thye variations in colour

Rough
I could never get into golf, being left handed didn’t help if you were up the park sharing a right hand selection of irons. Probably would have preferred the ball and flag to be offset, otherwise I see both but nothing else to keep my interest.

Smooth
Just the right shutter speed to create the effect, with the colours all working well together

Alive
The light falling in the top half works well for the “weed” reaching up. Its amazing how well weeds can thrive when i can regularly “kill off” my attempts at cultivating any plant life!!!

Hi Stan,
Absolutely loving your reflection images. I think the 'classic pano' aspect works really well.
Rough is good. It made me smile. A great interpretation to the theme.
Cracking shot for smooth too. Such lovely colours and smooth dreamy water.
Nice and sharp shot for Alive too. Excellent detail.

Thanks, Lee for the catch-up feedbacks.

Placed on the floor to take the shot?
Works well with the DoF, but I wonder if it could have been an opportunity to do a bit of stacking?

Thanks, Tim. My mobility is limited (see Discussion thread) and I'm more than happy to get that single shot.

Reflection
Nice image, really like thye variations in colour

Rough
I could never get into golf, being left handed didn’t help if you were up the park sharing a right hand selection of irons. Probably would have preferred the ball and flag to be offset, otherwise I see both but nothing else to keep my interest.

Smooth
Just the right shutter speed to create the effect, with the colours all working well together

Alive
The light falling in the top half works well for the “weed” reaching up. Its amazing how well weeds can thrive when i can regularly “kill off” my attempts at cultivating any plant life!!!

Thanks, Stuart for the catch-up comments.

That's a lovely shot Stan. I see there's quite a few focussing on plantlife for the theme this week and have to admit I think that will be my goto as well.
Your shots lovely with the framing of the subject and the way youve handled the lighting. The transition from shadow to light and the fall off depth of field really makes you engage with the subject.

Plain and simple Stan.
It fits right in nicely.

Smooth
Love the colours in the sky and the silky smooth water.

Alive
Nature always finds a way. I'm liking the low point of view and the isolation.

That's a lovely shot Stan. I see there's quite a few focussing on plantlife for the theme this week and have to admit I think that will be my goto as well.
Your shots lovely with the framing of the subject and the way youve handled the lighting. The transition from shadow to light and the fall off depth of field really makes you engage with the subject.

Thanks, Paul for the nice words and I look forward to seeing your version.

Plain and simple Stan.
It fits right in nicely.

Cheers, Chris.

Great photo illustrating the tenacity of life. Thin depth of field works well to isolate the subject.

Thank goodness you said it was a paving weed... I was thinking that if you were growing things deliberately it wasn't a wonderful specimen :D
Great take on the theme.. they are the bane of my paving!

Great image for the Alive theme, although it may not be alive for too much longer I suspect. Good colours and nice detail.

Great photo illustrating the tenacity of life. Thin depth of field works well to isolate the subject.

Thank goodness you said it was a paving weed... I was thinking that if you were growing things deliberately it wasn't a wonderful specimen :D
Great take on the theme.. they are the bane of my paving!

Great image for the Alive theme, although it may not be alive for too much longer I suspect. Good colours and nice detail.

Thanks, All. Feedbacks very much appreciated.

And bang on time too :D

Nice idea Stan :)

Hi Stan

Glad you are starting to feel better.
Alive, nice shot of a weed, you did well to get down so low.
Clever take on the theme, well thought out as well.

Pete

Hi Stan

Glad you are starting to feel better.
Alive, nice shot of a weed, you did well to get down so low.
Clever take on the theme, well thought out as well.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Was a struggle last week but things are looking up.
I wasn't too sure about the numbers of markers, 21 for the chick or just 3 for big JC to come back alive. :D

Hatched a good plan there :)

• Haha
Reactions: rpn
Definitely made me smile. Inventive and very much on theme.

Definitely an Easter theme.. the addition of the countdown markers is inspired and makes the shot for me.

I have been trying to think where I can go to get a picture of springs like this but now I don't need to as you have beaten be to it. Nice and shiny, I like shiny, but then I would wouldn't I.

I have been trying to think where I can go to get a picture of springs like this but now I don't need to as you have beaten be to it. Nice and shiny, I like shiny, but then I would wouldn't I.

Thanks, Martin. It is an old disused steam train that uses to shutting coal around the harbour. Now turn into a playground in a public park. Taken late last evening when no kids are about.

Mr Therm by Stan, on Flickr

Easter
Love it, especially the little chicks.

Spring
Well found, I've been thinking about doing something like this, but I've had a bad knee since Thursday and haven't been able to walk.

Easter
Love it, especially the little chicks.

Spring
Well found, I've been thinking about doing something like this, but I've had a bad knee since Thursday and haven't been able to walk.

Thanks, Dominic. My movement was limited too a couple of weeks ago. Can't walk anywhere even struggled to bend down to take the weed (alive) shot. Hope you get well soon.

Back