weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Brilliant. Love the unusual idea. I think I'd be inclined to balance the composition by chopping a bit off the bottom to make the distance of "bottom edge to ball" = "top edge to flag".

Top marks for the idea though. Works really well.

Nice one! I'm not sure we need quite so much sky, and I probably would have had the ball a little left of centre to balance the flag being right of centre, but I like it.

good idea for the theme, there are no pins at my local golf course just yet, but the greenkeepers are keeping it looking pristine.

Rough
It's a good shot, I like the composition and pov.

Thanks, Dominic.

Brilliant. Love the unusual idea. I think I'd be inclined to balance the composition by chopping a bit off the bottom to make the distance of "bottom edge to ball" = "top edge to flag".

Top marks for the idea though. Works really well.

Thanks, Ian. Good points and comments about the top and bottom edges.

I like the 2nd shot more. I had this in-the-rough idea too. My plan was a close up on the ball with half dozen blades of long grass. But I couldn't find my golf ball.

Yep - ticks the box nicely :)

Yep - ticks the box nicely :)

Cheers, Dave.

I think that's a great idea! It would never have crossed my mind - no golfer wants to end up in the rough.

Thanks, Be. Not a golfer myself and that's the only idea I have for this week.

Nice - I was going to use a similar theme (I'm normally in the rough anyway).....haven't got round to it yet.

My Big Stopper (10-Stop) got an outing last evening and combined with the low light the shutter speed was in the region of near 2 minutes. The sea wasn't as calm as I hope but the long exposure did the trick. Two shots blended together to bring out some details and texture of the groyne.

Week 11 Smooth

Smooth by Stan, on Flickr

Oooh, now that I like. I had visions of trying something similar but living pretty much as far from the coast as is possible in the UK it was a bit of a non starter. I have to say now, having seen yours, I’m glad I didn’t because I wouldn’t have come close to that. Definitely a 10/10 from me :)

Lovely colours in this Stan. Smooth as silk too.

Everything about that is smooth, the colours are gorgeous.

Nicely done Stan.

Oooh, now that I like. I had visions of trying something similar but living pretty much as far from the coast as is possible in the UK it was a bit of a non starter. I have to say now, having seen yours, I’m glad I didn’t because I wouldn’t have come close to that. Definitely a 10/10 from me :)

Thanks, Hadron. I'm lucky that the beach is only 30 minutes walk from my house.

Lovely colours in this Stan. Smooth as silk too.

Thanks, Ian. It was a cloudless sky during sunset last night.

Yep that does the job nicely!

Yep that does the job nicely!

Thanks, Dave.

Loving the colour palette and composition. Well smoothed out water. Not easy with the sea is it?

Thanks, Beb. Not with the tide coming in. I've to step back a couple of times to avoid getting my feet wet.

That's lovely.

My only possible thought was to wonder if you got down lower and gat any where the groyne just broke your horizon line?

Might/might not have added something.

Thanks, Kell. Good point about the horizon. However, some years I got a comment to the opposite to avoid broken horizon.

Nice long exposure there Stan. I miss getting to the coast... can't wait until next week when I will be allowed to travel a little further than local!

Back