weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

Very good, I had a similar idea using a leaf spring on a trailer drawbar but when I tried it just looked a mess. I’m glad I didn’t stick with it now as I’d not have caught anything like the detail you have there :)

Nice spring - I'll leaf it at that :)

Reactions: rpn
Well spotted and a nice bit of lateral thinking.

Thanks, Helen.

Very good, I had a similar idea using a leaf spring on a trailer drawbar but when I tried it just looked a mess. I’m glad I didn’t stick with it now as I’d not have caught anything like the detail you have there :)

Thanks, would like to see your version though.

Hi Stan

Well spotted for sprint. looks like a new coat of paint on it as well.

Pete

A technique that I would never thought of or even attempt to try. And now, all thanks to this 52 Challenge taken me completely out of my comfort zone, I have, at least, able to say I've taken my very first Low Key shot.

Week 15 Snapper's Choice and Low Key Technique

Low Key Daffy by Stan, on Flickr

Nice that Stan :)

Well shot.. just enough shadow to make it a definite low key image.

Snappers choice
Well composed. I think you could lift the exposure in the flowers (petals) a little and still be within the low-key theme.

That looks like a lovely place to get out and about to! There is an almost painterly feel to this image, I think due to all the puddles of water. Very nice!

It's probably too much of a crop but I went to Flickr and zoomed in until I had the same aspect ration but really zoomed in on the two wind turbines and the two figures on the beach as an alternative picture. Darken the sky a bit and try to get a bit of contrast to accentuate the clouds. B&W perhaps with red filter?

Pickiness apart, it's a lovely seaside image.

That looks like a lovely place to get out and about to! There is an almost painterly feel to this image, I think due to all the puddles of water. Very nice!

Thanks, Be. It's one of the better and cleaner beaches around here but no weather to go with it.

It's probably too much of a crop but I went to Flickr and zoomed in until I had the same aspect ration but really zoomed in on the two wind turbines and the two figures on the beach as an alternative picture. Darken the sky a bit and try to get a bit of contrast to accentuate the clouds. B&W perhaps with red filter?

Pickiness apart, it's a lovely seaside image.

Thanks, Martin. That's a thought.

Out and about
That's a lovely looking bit of coast line. I wonder if a bit off of the top would work. I'm not sure if you need all of the sky.
I really like the areas of wet sand and how they weave their way into the distance.

A technique that I would never thought of or even attempt to try. And now, all thanks to this 52 Challenge taken me completely out of my comfort zone, I have, at least, able to say I've taken my very first Low Key shot.

Week 15 Snapper's Choice and Low Key Technique

Low Key Daffy by Stan, on Flickr

Out and about is a nice sunny shot, but I got to say I love this one Stan. Great lighting and great in B&W too. Cracking image.

Out and about
That's a lovely looking bit of coast line. I wonder if a bit off of the top would work. I'm not sure if you need all of the sky.
I really like the areas of wet sand and how they weave their way into the distance.

Thanks, Dominic. Good shout about the sky. The shot is SOOC and it was a last-minute decision to use it for the theme.

Out and about is a nice sunny shot, but I got to say I love this one Stan. Great lighting and great in B&W too. Cracking image.

Thanks, Dave.

Shapes
An unusual crop, I'd normally expect to see the whole wheel, but it still works for me. The sunset on the cloud just below the centre of the wheel is a nice touch.

Shapes
An unusual crop, I'd normally expect to see the whole wheel, but it still works for me. The sunset on the cloud just below the centre of the wheel is a nice touch.

Thanks, Dominic. There is a line of shops in front of the wheel and I don't think they add any interest to the image.

Here's the Google street view.

This is fab, love the interesting crop and the touch of sunset cloud making a colourful appearance too.

This is fab, love the interesting crop and the touch of sunset cloud making a colourful appearance too.

Thanks, Roxanne. It always was my intention to shoot this theme in either early morning or late evening when the area is quieter. The patch of cloud was an added bonus.

Like Dominic, I wondered why you had cropped the wheel. I guess living in town, I get used to the fact that you can see the whole Eye and it doesn't occur to me that other wheels would be hidden.
I do like the way you've composed it to get the pink behind the axle.

Like Dominic, I wondered why you had cropped the wheel. I guess living in town, I get used to the fact that you can see the whole Eye and it doesn't occur to me that other wheels would be hidden.
I do like the way you've composed it to get the pink behind the axle.

Thanks, Tim. I've tried various angles and locations and none works.

Numbers
A great simple shot, two elements, but it covers the theme brilliantly.

Numbers is very good, the mono pp works well and the DoF is perfect. I must admit that soduku is something i've never been able to 'get'

Back