Rugby League in Aus

What a super shot, superb expression on his face and your timing is spot on. Excellent composition with the posts framing the shot nicely, super shot.

Thank you for the comments! I really liked his expression too, he's normally a bench player so I think he was even happier than most to get over the line!

Excellent shots! and no nasty net to get in the way :)

i think they have some good action in there. Some nice hand off's, 1 head high tackle. Being an Ex league and Union player and being on the receiving end of that type of stuff... trust me its action ha ha ! The last one is my fave. Great timing (or was this one of 5 to 7 fired off?) it would be interesting to see if he was diving for the try line? I think I can see some kind of a white line... however if it was the try line the whole image would tell more of a storey imho...

Great shots Steven

Thanks guys, pretty happy with these. :)

The last shot was a burst of 3 I think, I don't normally 'machine gun', generally burst or 2 or 3 if I can see there is going to be some action coming. Probably more if they are diving for the try line, but on this occasion that line is not the try line I'm afraid. I did get a try shot that game but it wasn't the best, I was a bit unlucky with where the tries were scored but there you go, if I hadn't been where I was I wouldn't have got these!

Sadly, this weekend was my last in Brisbane, and my last shooting the Intrust Super Cup. I went down to Wynnum Manly Seagulls for their 3 finals games, they had teams in the Colts, BRL and Intrust Competitions all playing one after the other. Here are a few of my favourite shots from the day. Sadly the 1st team got beaten by Easts Tigers and so their season is over. Hope you like the pics...

WMRCvIJ14.jpg

WMRCvIJ28.jpg

WMSvET FIN20 2.jpg

WMSvET FIN29.jpg
Greg Eden (Brisbane Broncos player, formerly of Hull KR)

WMSvRD23.jpg
(TRY! Not sure if the other player was trying to block his vision to see where to get the ball down but he did get it down, just!)

Thanks for looking

Only just seen these Steven, great work, I love them. Have to say as a Hull KR fan was really surprised when Greg Eden popped up, wasn't expecting that. How's he doing? I was a fan but he got a lot of stick over here for having too many 'brain farts' and his one handed technique of carrying the ball! Great to see him in a shot though so thanks.

Last edited:
Great action grabs- really convey the ferocious wham bam physicality of it all:punch::punch:

Hi Steven
Are you seated on a stool or on the ground when shooting?

Well spotted! I actually like to just sit or kneel on the grass when it's nice weather (which it was most of the time in Brisbane!). So to answer the question a mix of both. I know a lot of people advise against it, but as rugby league 'can' be a bit more predictable I did sometimes move up and down the line too and didn't ever like to leave an unattended stool for someone to get injured on!

Back