Runner at night

Edit My Images
Yes
Only the second time taking photos of runners at night and second time using OCF. Shot this with my Canon M5 and Tamron 17-50mm. Positioned myself and set shutter speed to capture the stately home (Mount Stewart) in the background for context. Primary flash in front of the runners behind a wall (limited to where i could place it without tripping someone). Secondary flash to my left illuminating runners from behind at about 30 degrees.

Hastily set up 10 mins before the race in the dark and it was raining. No real time to test or change settings before the race began.

Think i achieved what i'd set out to do, image not blurred, runner exposed and background exposed.

IMG_1131.jpg

Quite enjoyed the learning experience and will probably try another one, so any comments or feedback on what i could do better are more than welcome.

Well done! I have covered night running events (for local paper so just start and first 3) and not had the time or equipment to setup like yourself.. made do with flash for the start and find a lit area of course near the end to try and grab the winner on his own...always been a bit hot and miss.. fingers crossed....

Looks like your time and effort was worth it :)

Well done! I have covered night running events (for local paper so just start and first 3) and not had the time or equipment to setup like yourself.. made do with flash for the start and find a lit area of course near the end to try and grab the winner on his own...always been a bit hot and miss.. fingers crossed....

Looks like your time and effort was worth it :)
Thank you very much. I really enjoyed it to be honest and it was a bonus that the shots came out.

Back