Rush!

Edit My Images
Yes
what a rush to get this shot at Derwent last night. sat in the pub because the light was naff all day and i spotted the light changing. a mad dash to Derwent a run through the woods to set up, no filters no time. i think if i had missed this i would have thrown my gear into the llake

cat bells sunset by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is without a doubt my favorite ever image of the lake district area. The only improvements I'd have liked the horizon dead central (recrop?) and the vingette removed / corrected - such a beautful scene doesn't need one.
thank you, still learning so i'll go back and have look what i can do :)

It still looks to me as if the land mass is slightly lower than it should be for perfect symmettry. :)
finding it hard because it wasnt taken straight on, not sure what to do to fix that o_O

Lovely work. I think though and this is a personal thing, I'd crop some off the top. Central horizons tend to go against the 'rules' and I'm all for them being on a third, or close but I think for this, near to the centre would work. I wouldn't quite go for a letterbox crop but something close.

The light and the tones are lovely, with just enough detail in the shdows, it's one for the wall IMO.

Lovely work. I think though and this is a personal thing, I'd crop some off the top. Central horizons tend to go against the 'rules' and I'm all for them being on a third, or close but I think for this, near to the centre would work. I wouldn't quite go for a letterbox crop but something close.

The light and the tones are lovely, with just enough detail in the shdows, it's one for the wall IMO.

is it not in the middle :confused: i must be tired feel free to show me what you mean :)

is it not in the middle :confused: i must be tired feel free to show me what you mean :)

Nope, there's a fair amount more sky than water. Compare the brighter spot to the top right to the reflection of it. By horizon, I may have been a tad misleading, I think the land mass itself is a better discription, my bad on that one.

Nope, there's a fair amount more sky than water. Compare the brighter spot to the top right to the reflection of it. By horizon, I may have been a tad misleading, I think the land mass itself is a better discription, my bad on that one.
im with you now :wave:

That is a beautiful photograph. Well worth the wait. Well done.

“Excellent” shot Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Blinding shot there Danny! It might be my eyes but it doesn't look level to me, I'd read the previous discussion and didn't notice anybody else post anything similar.

James

Blinding shot there Danny! It might be my eyes but it doesn't look level to me, I'd read the previous discussion and didn't notice anybody else post anything similar.

James

It doesn't I agree, but I'm pretty sure it is level, but just taken at an angle where the shore goes away.

Great shot Danny, I'd be well happy with it. I don't think you should put the full resolution versions up on flickr though, this is the sort of thing that could get stolen for those cheap department store canvas images...

James
yeah the angle it was taken at is causing me a little bother, im pretty BANG ON when it comes to leveling the camera but the tree line is something that bugs me.

Back