Rutland Starling Murmuration

What an amazing sight that must-have been, shows it very well especially including the trees in shot, this give a great sense of scale to the murmurations.

Some more from two nights ago, which another amazing on a very dull and overcast evening....My photographs really do not do it justice. Last night, all of us that turned up were a little disappointed to see the number of birds was drastically down and i think they have finally begun their migration back to Scandinavia.

Let's hope they return to this roost next year as it was the first time anyone has seen them in this area in these numbers since they built Rutland Water.

Some nice shapes you captured there Andy (y) They look like they were having a Whale of a time in a couple of them ;)

Lovely. Never get tired of murmuration photos. Wish I could find some starlings near me

Some nice shapes you captured there Andy (y) They look like they were having a Whale of a time in a couple of them ;)
Thanks, yes they are amazing and they were at it again last night. I'm surprised they have not left yet for their migration but all the better for us"

Lovely. Never get tired of murmuration photos. Wish I could find some starlings near me
Thanks Stephen, if you go on Facebook and type in Starling Murmuration Information UK, they have a map of where Starling Murmurations are occuring!

Brilliant stuff, i've seen this a couple of times in my life but sadly i didn't have a camera with me :(

Great that you saw them and photographed them.

Lots of shots to process and think about composition wise to come up with something different and unusual ... would be nice to see one in full on the thread .... the one that you like the best .... or a few side by side in full view to compare ... flashing in and out of the hosting site is mostly distracting when you have a number of images, for me anyway.

lots of wonder in nature that we don't quite understand and just take as normal

Well done

Brilliant stuff, i've seen this a couple of times in my life but sadly i didn't have a camera with me :(
Thanks Joker!.....yes quite a few have turned up to watch these starlings over past 2 weeks and did not have cameras , they have come back the following nights with cameras and got their photos!

Great that you saw them and photographed them.

Lots of shots to process and think about composition wise to come up with something different and unusual ... would be nice to see one in full on the thread .... the one that you like the best .... or a few side by side in full view to compare ... flashing in and out of the hosting site is mostly distracting when you have a number of images, for me anyway.

lots of wonder in nature that we don't quite understand and just take as normal

Well done

Thank you Bill, i have taken nearly four thousand images over the past 9 days but i am posting a few more here from last night from another place across the road from my usual place.

The times i witnessed it were completely random lol

Back