Saddam Executed?

Edit My Images
Yes
10 minutes or so ago apparently, finally.

EDIT: BBC confirming it now.

Cant say I'll miss him.

R.I.P Mate!
What did that guy ever do to you?
Jolly nice chap if you ask me!

oh great - now we have a new martyr! Lifetime in an Iraqi jail would have been far better in my opinion!

They hanged a comparatively frail and broken old git compared to the monster who ruled Iraq with a regime of execution, torture and terror for years - I wont be shedding any tears for him.

The decision to hang him was entirely that of the Iraq government despite protests from almost the whole world, so you have to give them credit for knowing what's best for Iraq. We're urging the Iraq government to take charge of their own affairs, which is just what they've done this morning. ;)

I think it was him in the noose but, although I believe he deserved it, I think a greater punishment would have been to let him wither and die in jail. The extremists now have a martyr to avenge.

Although jail may have been a more suited punishment, it would also be a security & logistical nightmare.
Bloody strange time to do it, though.

I think he was going to die no matter what, the trial wasn't 'fair' by our standards but the conclusion would have been the same anyway, I also think people overestimate the support he had within Iraq.

Now that Saddam has been executed, I'm left with only one question.

Why isn't the video on youtube yet?!?!?!!!?! :LOL:

It's not on rotten.com either!! :LOL:

Im sure the pics will be there soon enough, along with the rest of the family album;)

do you reckon it was really him they hung??

thats my thought and i also agree that they've created a new martyr to the cause of the bombers etc in iraq. also why was he executed before he was tried for all the other atrocities he conducted

on another note when will the u.s "find" bin laden? my bet is shortly before a presidential election just like when they "found" sadam..........

Not sorry he's gone, but IMO it's an empty victory.
Not meaning to make light of this but did the H & S have a hand in the execution? WTF was with the protective cloth thing?

Not sorry he's gone, but IMO it's an empty victory.
Not meaning to make light of this but did the H & S have a hand in the execution? WTF was with the protective cloth thing?

Its to ensure the noose slips around his neck and tightens, rather than binding on the skin and not tightening properly. Couldn't have him chocking to death could we :nono:

One less tyrant - but how come only a few years earlier he was the good guy against Iran and being armed by the US? There are plenty more expecially in Africa causing far more genocide but no oil! I still remember that I had the Queen's Commision for "defense of the realm" and could no part of the "realm" in Iraq or Afghanistan - certainly not worth risking our troops over.

Better dead than the possibility of his supporters gaining a foothold in the country and releasing him to carry on where he left off.

Should have dropped a grenade in the hole they found him in and saved all the trouble of a trial, giving him a stage to perform on, and stimulating his supporters. About time !!

HERE HERE my thoughts exactly, and saved a load of money in the process, lets hope they don't make the same mistake if and when they capture osama !

Not sure its all good news now hes gone to be honest. I've blogged about this quite a lot over the last few days and have now included some mobile phone footage which has come to light also...

Viewer discretion is advised...

Now that Saddam has been executed, I'm left with only one question.

Why isn't the video on youtube yet?!?!?!!!?! :LOL:

probably right king boru so removed links.

i've found the video, not sure its him and I dont think it is suitable to post here, young eyes may be watching. I dont think links or hints to where it is is a good idea either. Those sites hosts some terrible footage.

King.

i've found the video, not sure its him and I dont think it is suitable to post here, young eyes may be watching. I dont think links or hints to where it is is a good idea either. Those sites hosts some terrible footage.

King.

Yeah there's one where this man is holding a baby and..........

:D

If the mods deem my link too strong or unsuitable, I have no objections to my previous post being deleted.

Paul

Back