Safari protacall

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
quick question regarding being on safari in Tanzania.
Who feeds the guides?
What I mean is I will be on safari for 10 days with just me and the guide/driver. Is it up to the guides to fend for themselves or is it up to me?
What is the norm????

Usually everything is provided by the guide company including your food.

Quite jealous of your photo opportunities :D

Assuming that you have booked through a regular safari company doesn't it give you some idea in the itinerary?

Assuming that you have booked through a regular safari company doesn't it give you some idea in the itinerary?
Gramps......... Thats a big case of "Read the frigging program" I just opened up the itinerary and yes all meals are provided, the only thing I need to take care of will be beer money and tipping the guide at the end of the trip............ speaking of which do you find that these kind of tours are similar to everywhere else whereby you are taken to see some local tribes or wallet maker where if you buy the guide gets a kick back...I already told Charles my guide that I wasn't interested in that kind of stuff ?
I am sure that there will be other expenses but not to worry I will have that covered.
Leaving home in 6 hours time..........excited is an understatement :banana::banana:

He's your guide, he'll have an itinerary but you should be able to direct them especially when you get to meet face to face. We've always done this with our local guides.

However, seeing your travel shots, I always find the people ones so interesting so don't neglect those please :D

Lookign forward to seeing the images

Very jealous as well........ Have a great time and enjoy the scenes as they unfold.

I forgot, if your not sure of what to tip the guide, the driver should give you a good idea.

Last edited:
I'm off next Wednesday Neil - we have booked in a 3 day Safari package in March just before we come back, a kind of "Softie safari" - drinks and canapés during the "Drive"............... but what I also do is to drive up to the Game Reserves where you can rent an open Land Cruiser Type thing with Driver/Guide for a 3 and a half hour game drive - it costs about £175 - I usually go up with 2 or 3 mates and three hours in one of those things driving around is all I can take these days ...... meal and refreshments later, makes a great day. Bush walks and river trips are also good if you are into Birds.

If you are into the full Safari thing, Tents, Driver, vehicle, meals etc ....... but if you break it down and day visit the Game Reserve, OK it may take a couple of hours to get to them, it can be much less expensive

Have a great time ......... it is a marvellous country/continent

I usually tip the Driver/Guide

I'm off next Wednesday Neil - we have booked in a 3 day Safari package in March just before we come back, a kind of "Softie safari" - drinks and canapés during the "Drive"............... but what I also do is to drive up to the Game Reserves where you can rent an open Land Cruiser Type thing with Driver/Guide for a 3 and a half hour game drive - it costs about £175 - I usually go up with 2 or 3 mates and three hours in one of those things driving around is all I can take these days ...... meal and refreshments later, makes a great day. Bush walks and river trips are also good if you are into Birds.

If you are into the full Safari thing, Tents, Driver, vehicle, meals etc ....... but if you break it down and day visit the Game Reserve, OK it may take a couple of hours to get to them, it can be much less expensive

Have a great time ......... it is a marvellous country/continent

I usually tip the Driver/Guide
Have a great trip to Bill and safe travels

Back