Beginner Sail boats on the Broads

Must show these to swmbo as she lived there as a child.

As for c&c ~ they are all a tad tight in the frame and could all do with some more pp to boost contrast and show more detail in the shadow areas :) the boats as the primary subject are underexposed!

Thank you. I need to look at the in camera processing because they are perfectly exposed in the raw files. These are all camera produced Jpegs that are only cropped. Most of the cropping was to remove distracting elements from the frames.

Yup all slightly under exposed, but thats easily corrected in post. You often have to correct with some adjustment when taking boats, ther's huge white sails, bright reflections on the water, which can cause the sensor to over adjust.

I've been a bit lazy recently and relying too much on the in camera processing instead of doing post myself.

Perhaps first in the queue for a self driving car? ;)

PS FWIW I have never relied on in camera processing........but maybe because I come from film days B&W home processing and printing and colour slide film where you had to be 100% correct in exposure or it was binned!

Perhaps first in the queue for a self driving car? ;)

PS FWIW I have never relied on in camera processing........but maybe because I come from film days B&W home processing and printing and colour slide film where you had to be 100% correct in exposure or it was binned!
I choose not to drive because of the cost isn't worth it for me, so a self drive would probably be even worse lol.
I should process myself, I am literally just being lazy.

Back