Saint Gervais Les Bains, French Alps

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of shots from our ski trip earlier this year. I took the camera along hoping to get a chance to get out early/late on a couple of days to do some photography, but it was a family trip and wasn't really convenient, but got some great holiday pictures. My wife and I were going through the pictures earlier and these two I thought were worthy of sharing at least, though they are nothing wonderful.

Saint Gervais Sunset
by Craigus89, on Flickr

Saint Gervais Sunset 2
by Craigus89, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

That second shot is a masterpiece. I love the alps. I wish we had more members who posted images of Alpine scenes.

The first is actually a very good composition but the bare brown trees just ruin it for me.

Thanks! It's funny you say that as I was thinking to myself I'd love to go back in the summer for a similar shot to avoid the brownness, we're heading down to a similar area in September so may be able to revisit. Either way this time I will definitely find some time for more pictures, as you say it is an absolutely beautiful part of the world.

Thanks! It's funny you say that as I was thinking to myself I'd love to go back in the summer for a similar shot to avoid the brownness, we're heading down to a similar area in September so may be able to revisit. Either way this time I will definitely find some time for more pictures, as you say it is an absolutely beautiful part of the world.

I made the same mistake by going in March. I am going in September for 3 weeks to Europe. There will be less snow but not sure if that is actually a bad thing.

Back