Beginner Salisbury Cathedral .

Nice idea but needs a little lightening I feel. Touch of sharpening also wouldn't go amiss. I do like these type of shots though.

imageedit.jpg

I agree it needs a little levels adjustment, but the edit seems way over sharpened.

I'd either concentrate on looking down one side or get the shot perfectly centred...

Also looks like a bad attempt at HDR (sorry)

Maybe underexposed too - what does the histogram look like for this shot?

Definitely a place for a reshoot it's got potential.

A couple of mine....but different Cathedral.

Gloucester Cathedral Cloisters by Jeff, on Flickr

Gloucester Cloisters by Jeff, on Flickr

If you need any more advice on processing etc - drop me a PM

It's it me or does it need to be tilted down on the right hand side slightly. Something just doesn't look right.

I'd go back and shoot when the light is perfect. It looks a lovely setting and with the right quality of light I bet you could have a fantastic set of images. What direction are you facing - i.e. is sunrise or sunset a better time?

Not sure the corner itself is necessarily the most interesting composition though.

I think the concept is great and has lots of potential, just look at @kennysarmy image to see what I mean. Theres something just not right about this one though, even centring the column doesn't work because the ends are still not symmetrical. Definitely a go back and shoot again if its local.

Back