Critique Salisbury Cathedral

A very nice set Steve, well exposed and composed. It's not easy getting windows and interiors balanced exposure wise and you've pulled it off. The Chapter House roof image could have a little more detail in the windows and they are a little bright (the top 2 are spot on, especially the LHS one) but ultimately, to get that, you're looking at 2 blended exposures. I think you've controlled the exposures very well.

I love the reflected shot. I couldn't work out what was reflecting initially, I thought it might be water, which didn't compute but now I see it. A lovely, natural image.

I love this kind of interior shot and these are very good examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
No2, absolutely fabulous :)

Fab set, lovely soft colours and bags of detail. The reflections one has me baffled as I just can't figure what its reflected off. I know its probably going to be something obvious, but I just don't get it. Nice shot though.

The reflection is a small water pool in the "Font" within the cathedral. Its ace.

Had me fooled, I thought it might be glass. The green speckles and perfect stillness make it look solid. Well spotted.

lovely set. I recall my very first film b&W developed back in 1991 from there. I loved it, you could wander around with your tripod on a quiet day for a £1.

Nice set Steve

Back