Sally B

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of shots from Duxford, neither cropped both with A900 / Bigma. First image with some pp to create a "vintage" feel - does it work? Comments invited.

DSC01274-48.jpg

DSC01264-38.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Nice blur on the rotors. I prefer the processing on the first, but would like to see ALL of the plane.

Gary.

I really like the first one. The tight composition for me gives the image real punch and the processing works really well. A touch more blur on the props would have been the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Great pictures (y)

I like the processing in #1, I think it works really well, but I prefer #2 as you get to see more of the plane (just my preference) :)

the first is the best for me, always a problem shooting the big multi engined war birds is getting all the engines in.

Either all engines and then often looks so small especially with so much space around the narrow wings.

I think the best shot for all the engines is a banking shot as this gets the big wings in and fill the frame better.

The first one is great in my opinion. Second is nice, but the first is thoroughly impressive

the first is the best for me, always a problem shooting the big multi engined war birds is getting all the engines in.

Either all engines and then often looks so small especially with so much space around the narrow wings.

I think the best shot for all the engines is a banking shot as this gets the big wings in and fill the frame better.

James, this is the best banking shot I could manage on the day, may not be a "top shot" but it's nearest to what I think you mean.

Thanks for all the comments, I guess the feel of the first shot wins!

DSC01245-34.jpg

Just seen the smoke from #4!

Rob

Nice one RobY.
Yeah thats the thing as you say not spot on but thats just nit picking a great shot though the better are the top shots on a bank as the underside is often drab having been often darker for night drops and cause the camera to often expose for the sky.
The first is the best as so much detail and nice to see you go for a tight shot as a good few make the mistake of always trying to get the whole bird in.
Great stuff

Back