Critique Saltwick Bay sunset

Compositionally the last image is the best, although I think a lift in the shadows ever so slightly would help greatly.

The other two don't work compositionally for me personally, the second one feels disjointed, yet just a couple of steps to the left would bring the nab and the wreck more in line, and also separate the wreck from the land behind it.

The first image colours are the best of the set, but again for me it's about separation and it's a shame that boulder behind the wreck hasn't got a bit of space between it.

Also watch your horizons, 1 is way out.

Agree with @Steelo about the horizon in 1 but for me it is such a minor quibble in what is otherwise a fantastic set.

The second image is probably the strongest composition IMO, followed by the third one. The first image has a nice sky but the composition isn't working for me, a lower viewpoint may have given you a stronger shot.

Really like these dramatic shots.
Love the colours in all of these.
Agree with lifting the shadows a tad.
Really like the way you appear to have the clouds above the wreckage as though they are somehow linked.
Did you use a polariser at all?

Lovely exposure and conditions but such an utterly unappealing subject -some manky old broken up boat.

I might have gone down the sea itself and gone for a simple waves and sky sorta shot.
These are all very well captured and atmospheric.
I like them all.
I can see another more natural image in the 2nd one to the left of the boat and out to sea - that might have been more to SFT's taste!

And to think I even made sure there was a reflection just to appease Steve!! Last time i do that!! :);)

I love No2, cracking ;)

Back