Salute to V-Force

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst browsing the forum this afternoon, I realised that XH558 would be over Duxford so I quickly grabbed a camera and nipped up the road to get on the flight path. Ideally it would have been glorious sunshine like yesterday and I'd have had a slightly longer lens, but I managed to get a few keepers

Vulcan XH558 on approach to Duxford IWM as part of it's Salute The V-Force tour.

On Approach by Andrew Colgan, on Flickr

XH558 by Andrew Colgan, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
Drew

I like 4, nice amount of underbelly detail on show.

What were the crowds like at Duxford? The EM Airport on Saturday the air museum was overrun & there were crowds ringing the perimeter fence as far as I could see. On Sunday at Bruntingthorpe things were a little quieter but the road outside was still chaos, some people just dumped their car in the middle of the road & left it. I joined the crowd in a handily placed farmers field.

I couldn't believe the numbers turning out for a fly past. It was great to see people, maybe seeing the plane flying fir the first time, visibly affected by it. I've managed 4 viewing so far this year & still cant wipe the grim off my face when you get a nice low, loud pass.

I was in a field a mile, or so from the Airfield. We only really decided to go about 40 minutes before it was due - we only live 10 mins away - so figured the field would be best. There were plenty of cars on the road to see it, but the Police were moving them on.

Well done on the smoke trails, I missed those on my shots! Was in the field too, shame about the sky.

I was royally p****d off as I was at my mums in Watford yesterday and didn't realise it would come over the A41! :runaway:

...at least I saw it and the light was pants which was some minor consolation!

Back