Same location two very different pictures

should have joined me on Llanddwyn i was hosting a workshop for the milkyway

should have joined me on Llanddwyn i was hosting a workshop for the milkyway
It was a bit mad, so many photographer out that evening. Must have been 12 where I was, more over by you.

On the other hand, and I know this is controversial, don't you think these long exposure/big stopper images are a bit hackneyed now?

No more "hackneyed" LOL than any other type - the same applies to these close up woodland shots including the plethora of blue bells on the ground type shot (really not a fan of them and they crop up like syphilis on a hooker), golden hour reflections (I love them), lone tree shots, stormy sea ones (christ you see a lot of these as well).

Astro shots rarely appeal but that lovely light, nice hint of colour in the sky - yes I like that as an asthetic for sure just needs a reflection :D

Well I love the milky way shot, especially for the composition that puts the galaxy rising up from the church

I would have used the foreground pools in the Milky Way shot as well, but I'm not so sure about having that much competing with the Way itself and I'm wondering if less might work? Purely personal opinion you understand, as they are both fine shots.

Thanks for the feedback.
Hackneyed is new one on me. But for sure what it means is true but that's photography full stop. Nothing new, a picture of the milky way is a picture of the milky way only thing that changes is the location it's taken from. And long exposure, well that is a creative choice some hate it, well not hate just feel it's same old same old.

I would have used the foreground pools in the Milky Way shot as well, but I'm not so sure about having that much competing with the Way itself and I'm wondering if less might work? Purely personal opinion you understand, as they are both fine shots.
That was hard to do as the tide was going out fast.

Thanks for the feedback.
Hackneyed is new one on me. But for sure what it means is true but that's photography full stop. Nothing new, a picture of the milky way is a picture of the milky way only thing that changes is the location it's taken from. And long exposure, well that is a creative choice some hate it, well not hate just feel it's same old same old.

That was hard to do as the tide was going out fast.

Hackneyed as in "a bit of a cliche"?

i know how hard it can be to do it well but the image is the result of using a particular piece of equipment, well or otherwise.

I'm not sure myself. I mainly mentioned it as a discussion point really. Personally I feel the technique works well with moving water but not moving skies.

First one is very good effort. My only suggestion would be to chop of the brown portion from the bottom and sort out the vignette from the ND filter.

I'm really not an expert of milky way shots but as an outsider I would note very strong presence of green all over the shot. Maybe play with white balance or desaturate green colour altogether? Overall I like the shot and the composition, but the green and the noise are a little bit too much for me. I would certainly do a separate much longer exposure for the foreground and combine the two.I have no idea how to get rid of the noise from the sky but there seems to be a way looking at all those shots.

I like to see different takes on the same location. First one is lovely, great sunset light and tones. Maybe a vignette adjustment and a possible crop but minor tweaks.

I like the Milky Way shot. I think you could do a little more on the noise reduction. Ideally you might have got a bit close to the building, but I don't know the location and if that was even possible. I'd be tempted to look again at the white balance, it looks a tad pink for my taste and greens in the remaining stars. But Astro shots can work with your own interpretation!

Back