same size images

Name
rick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I hope someone can help me with this.
I take pics for a friends website and all the images need to be the same size. the problem I am having is I need to crop all the images and then re size them I have to use the constrain proportion option other wise the koi look deformed . long and thin or fat.
so is there away of making sure all the cropped images are the same size before resizing?.
it doesnt matter if some of the pics have more back ground then others.
here are 2 x examples of different size images.

ss2.jpg

fs1.jpg

here is a link to the website and as you can see the problem.

http://www.coldwatercollection.com/koiForSale.php?page=2

I try and stick to 750 wide when resizing.
any other useful tips to make the images stand out will be greatly received.

feel free to play around and repost

thanks in advance Rick

What s/w are you using - knowing that will help people provide an answer (y)

Select the crop tool and at the top you'll see a space to enter the size/ratio of the crop. Enter some numbers there and you'll crop to the same ratio each time, then when you re-size the images will all end up the same size.

Select the crop tool and at the top you'll see a space to enter the size/ratio of the crop. Enter some numbers there and you'll crop to the same ratio each time, then when you re-size the images will all end up the same size.

Yep, works for me.......(y)

nice one that works great :clap::clap::clap:

the only slight problem is I fined I cant move the crop box like I could before .only angle it so, I need to be more accurate when I first cop to get the image central or is there away round that?

Cheers Rick

god you must think I am thick :nuts:

Thanks for all your help it is going to save me so much time.
got a couple more questions but will save them for now before you get feed up with them :LOL:

does this apply to photshop 2?

i would like to be able to do that as i crop nearly everything and then print 6x4

much obliged if you can help
thanks
geof

CS2? Yes.

If it's a different version then why not try the crop tool and see if the size values appear?

Back