weekly Samuelslade007 TP Photo52 2017 - Week 52 Weather (COMPLETE) ..i think?

Dark & Power - Two great examples of your genre of processing. I like both, but perhaps Dark is my preference.
Above - What's this? Sunlight? I thought you became a pile of ash if exposed to sunlight! ;)
That's an interesting perspective , it almost looks like it's been taken with a 24mm at 24mm close up to exaggerate the closer features (though I dunno if it was). Interesting flare you have caught there too.
Evolve - As others have said, not sure on the shake, but loving the idea behind the shot.

Week 13 - Above

33642787442_c9fa76d3ec_c.jpg

Love this shot, great take on the theme, fantastic subject and love the angle, really adds to the overall domineering effect of the sculpture.

Week 16 - Smoke

33480756873_44e71f7d73_c.jpg

There's a long story to this shot... and im including it for the small wisp of smoke i managed to catch....as well as to remind me to tell what ever off spring i might have in the future

Week 16 - Smoke

33480756873_44e71f7d73_c.jpg

There's a long story to this shot... and im including it for the small wisp of smoke i managed to catch....as well as to remind me to tell what ever off spring i might have in the future
Off spring, is there something you haven't told us:D you can't have secrets like that.

Hold is great, good use of depth of field, great colours and contrast due to the bright ice, like the verticals on the blue background too, seems to add another perspective.

it was one of few i didnt do dutch ..but well spotted with the verticals i hadn't seen that myself.. (y)

Off spring, is there something you haven't told us:D you can't have secrets like that.

if its a case of national security of a top secret secret cloning program dating back to the rock, paper scissors Age, then there has to be secrecy...

Love the look you get on your shots, both Hold and Smoke are great shots. I like the framing of hold with the keeper framing the action and just enough detail in the background to make out what is going on but not overpowering.

Great perspective on hold Kev, works well.

Smoke, Great use of b+w there, suits thhe scene perfectly. Only thing for me is the shadow below the hand and cigarette.

yeah..if i recall the sun was high that day..so prob accounts for strong shadow..good spot (y)

Love the look you get on your shots, both Hold and Smoke are great shots. I like the framing of hold with the keeper framing the action and just enough detail in the background to make out what is going on but not overpowering.

I'm with Steve, you always seem to manage to capture just the right perspective SS

Smoke, like it in your normal mono type shot Frank :)

the SMOKE shot was taken in an instance... the lad was just lighting up a raggy dog end and i ordered him to hold it out liek that, he did it out of sheer fright i think..

i must make more effort to go to the Ice Hockey more often, such a graceful sport

Two great shots - perfect dof in both. I like the placement of the player at the side contrasting the stillness and waiting against the action and I love the very tip of the ash being the only true white in the smoke shot against all that dark background. Beautifully composed too.

Hold is nice one ... oof skaters framed by that FG kit, nice colour too. (y)

Smoke is dark as in seedy. Looks like you smoked it all, only roach left, pass it on. (y)

Hockey shot is great. Really like how the player is only partly in the shot and the oof players in the BG. Agree with David about the smoke shot it does look quite seedy, great in B&W too:)

I really like Hold, the sharp focus vs OOF background is what makes the shot. How much kickback did you get from Reebok?
Interesting use of the black border to give it a TV feel.

Smoke is a nicely taken shot, but feels more apt for the theme "rollup" than smoke ;)

Week 17 - Vivid Take 5

Vivid Imagination....do i nudge left and risk landing on the panes of glass, nudge right and maybe slip head long into the mouth of the garage monster, or lastly whip out my long stickie thing and blindly slash at anything that jumps out at me??

33580278073_c07ff1e341_c.jpg

Last edited:
Well you have been busy with Vivid Frank, all good shots and on theme but for some reason it has got to be Take 4. Love the low POV with the vivid green and a bit of red further down on the RHS (y)(y)

i have indeed as i was all out of thoughts about what it could be photographed as...

take 4 is the foot bridge joining the 2 services either side of the M6 at Corley, the red being the KFC logo i do believe

i have indeed as i was all out of thoughts about what it could be photographed as...

take 4 is the foot bridge joining the 2 services either side of the M6 at Corley, the red being the KFC logo i do believe

oh...and i took this on my mobile... had left Rias in the car with the rest of my kit not thinking there would be a shot there, but seeing as i always play pokemon go whenever i'm on foot i had a camera to hand as it were :D

Wow, lots of choice for vivid...

My choice would be between #1, #3 and #4

#1 Love the colours of the sheep, especially with the plain one behind it as well. Good POV and angle make it interesting as well.
#3 The shot from above gives interest as well as trying to work out what is happening. I assume a child playing in the water with a parent? I particularly like the little red rucksack on her red coat.
#4 The low POV and the tunnel going into the distance work well.

So much choice... If I had to pick just one it would be #4 for the simplicity of the composition.

Quite a varied vivid collection, but I think #5 for me.
The juxtaposition of a Saxon (or Norman) warrior with modern day detritus makes the shot interesting.
I also find myself wondering why a Saxon warrior might be wearing a rucksack.

Back