Sand Martin.

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Enjoying a quiet dander by the marina when spotted this wee guy preening on the chain links.

nicely exposed with a decent background and different perch, only niggle is that the subject is a bit too central in the frame, can it be cropped to have the bird to the left looking into space?

nicely exposed with a decent background and different perch, only niggle is that the subject is a bit too central in the frame, can it be cropped to have the bird to the left looking into space?

Thanks for the feedback, Ade. To be honest I thought the bird being central worked with the way the chain was hanging but now that I have edited as you suggested I see the difference it has made. What ye reckon?

To me, it looks better like that, others may differ, but It certainly appeals more to me mate.

Fabulous shot of a stunning bird and will agree with Ade

Just had a look at the larger image on flickr, looks very good sharpness with good detail, with such bright light you have done really well to hold the whites

Fabulous shot of a stunning bird and will agree with Ade

Just had a look at the larger image on flickr, looks very good sharpness with good detail, with such bright light you have done really well to hold the whites

Nicely done, Gavin.

Nice capture of a very mobile bird :)

Many thanks, folks. I've been chasing Sand Martins for a couple of years now with no joy. Couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled upon this wee guy.

Back