B&W Sand Point, Weston Super Mare

Hi Jake, I assume the first shot was taken with a grad and something like a big stopper, which has created a lovely effect with the water and the sky. To my eye (and looking on my iPad) the rock top left is a little dark and lacking detail.
Hi Nick, yep this was using a 0.9 and 0.3 soft grad if I remember correctly along with the Lee Big Stopper. In the full res image on my MBP the detail is definitely there, though I left it intentionally darker as the rock is a darker shade (almost black) in real life. The grads were positioned sideways so they haven't affected the rocks, and the tone is the same throughout so no grad line darkening the rocks. Thanks!
the top one is the best i think - presume that is flatholme on the horizon
Thanks Adrian, no idea if that is Flatholme though!

Love that first one Jake - been waiting to see it! I didn't get anything from our trip worth sharing - it was a shame that the weather let us down, especially at the end when we were at the little beach that looked promising... :(

(It is Flatholme - the larger Island adjacent being Steepholme!)

Rob

Last edited:
Love that first one Jake - been waiting to see it! I didn't get anything from our trip worth sharing - it was a shame that the weather let us down, especially at the end when we were at the little beach that looked promising... :(

(It is Flatholme - the larger Island adjacent being Steepholme!)

Rob
Thanks Rob, I'm pretty pleased with it I must admit. Yeah the weather could have been better, fingers crossed for Tuesday though!
Cheers, Jake
Hi Jake, you're absolutely right; having now seen the top image on my mbp and large on Flickr, the detail in the top left rock is great. Cracking image and very well suited to b+w.
Thanks Nick, you were making me doubt my screen :LOL:!

Back