Santa Pod - Summer Nationals

damianmkv

Uh oh, a fruit basket!
Edit My Images
Yes
i've not had the time to use the camera as much as i'd like so i got some more panning practice in. It was mega hot and bright so called for a CPL and ISO Lo to get the shutter speed down

cue samey shots

55 shoebox
by damianmkv, on Flickr

the right stuff TFB
by damianmkv, on Flickr

banshee drag racing
by damianmkv, on Flickr

kev slyfield
by damianmkv, on Flickr

such a shame that this crashed on Sunday :(

sttp racing
by damianmkv, on Flickr

warpspeed racing
by damianmkv, on Flickr

robinson race cars pro mod
by damianmkv, on Flickr

You did a lot better than me.
I was at the FIA championships, took 4000 pictures and my only keeper was a shot of a spectator.

Your panning technique is good btw.

@PINNACLE Thanks Martin (y)

@soupdragon i guess I took 500 or so and came back with around 130 issue that my hyper critical eye is ok with. I wonder if a monopod would help me as I shot handheld..

@mark.roper Thanks Mark. Was a bit hit and miss ( more of the latter tbh )

Ok. I'll save my pennies then..
Well I'm not suggesting you'd gain no benefit I just lack the ability to use one.

The problem is not panning for me but moving up and down. I'm either on my tip toes or squatting.
I am old too so that doesn't help much.

Decent set @damianmkv,,,youd do well to get the 70-200 2.8 vr2 over a 'pod I reckon....

Happy to let you try mine if we are at the same meet again......

George Chirealla is the pic of the bunch for me...

Did you see it later ? I heard it didnt go well later that day....

The crash was on Sunday I think following a burnout - i spoke to his son at the start of the week and understand the car is in a bad way and George has a broken foot. They're only a small business so it may take time to fix

Thanks for the offer - I have been wondering about lenses. The one I have is cheap and definately not the sharpest for the d500 - for drag racing, I don't need longer than 200 ( more like 110-135 normally ). The af-p could be " too light" causing me some panning issues too due to lack of balance but it's also very manageable.

Gaawwwwddd.....

Most of the Press guys use 70-200 looking at them....wouldnt need much else....

I may take a wander up Saturday of Dragstalgia if interested ?

Can’t make it I’m afraid. I’m at Goodwood FoS on Friday and it’s my anniversary on Saturday.

I love drag racing but I love my knackers more [emoji3]

Coward !

Keep in touch,drop me a PM if you are ever going - I need the weather to be guaranteed solid these webcam days mind........:)

Much as I hate the big crowds, if the weathers solid Finals for sure mind......

Will do - we’ll be there again later in the year for sure

130/500 is over 1/4 keeper rate - not bad by most standards, especially at an event as fast moving as drag racing!

Was there a vary pretty '55 station wagon there? Saw it at a local classic car show over the weekend - absolutely gorgeous! Street legal (and used!) but a bit of a handful. Photo sorting 'puter FUBAR ATM but have a few shots of it somewhere.

I know the 55 you mean but I didn’t see it run this time

Back