Saturday's match v Saracens (Amateurs)

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, took some advice in mind, got to the match and had left monopod 50 odd miles away at home :LOL:

Bit more pleased with these, although you may think different :D

13.10.07145.JPG

ISO: 500
Exposure: 1/500 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 100mm

13.10.07140.JPG

ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 50mm

13.10.07153.JPG

ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 180mm

And a few more:

13.10.07175.JPG

Exposure: 1/320 sec
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 300mm

13.10.07215.JPG

Exposure: 1/320 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 70mm

13.10.07223.JPG

Exposure: 1/250 sec
Focal Length: 50mm

last lot

13.10.07238.JPG

Exposure: 1/400 sec
Focal Length: 180mm

13.10.07235.JPG

Exposure: 1/400 sec
Focal Length: 35mm

Being honest, these are OK. Room for improvement but you are on the right road.

First of all, put the camera in AI servo or whatever the servo option is called on your machine as all of these appear to be in one shot mode - I think...should yield a big difference.

Pete.

woohoo - getting there then. Wasn't expecting them to be great or perfect as it was only last week they were pants so as long as I've made some improvement then that's good, it's the good advice from you all on here that's helping me so I have a lot to thank you all for.Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you were honest :D

Right, this Saturday, I will do better :D:D

I've got to find my instructions though :( Wonder if I can get them online

Thanks LL :LOL: We were in Bramley Road, Southgate You should have come along :LOL: We did spend half an hour going up and down Enfield High Street thought as the coach's Sat Nav got us lost.:thumbsdown:

Right, call me thick but I'm looking at my camera now and I can't work out how to get AI Servo mode (don't forget I have a Minolta not a Canon). These are my options on my wheel:

Auto
Portrait
Sport
Mountain symbol
Sunset
Nighttime
Manual
Speed - oops - I mean shutter!
Aperture
P (not sure what this one is)

On Saturday I had it on S and set to 1000 but was coming out too dark so I changed it to 500. Was this the right thing to do. I then just kept it set to S and my white balance dial set to the sun setting rather than AWB......

AF Servo is not a setting on your "dial" but a focussing mode. Not sure if your cam does it, but your manual will tell you. What it does is once focus lock is achieved it tracks it as it moves maintaining focus.

Set it in Aperture mode and wind it down to a lower setting say f4 (if your lens goes that wide)?
This will help blur the background, providing its far behind the subject.

:embarrassed: Oops - cheers, am going to have a spring clean upstairs this week as we're off work and see if I can find the manual.

4.5 is the lowest it goes though

Have found my manual this morning and have had a play, worked out how to put it on continuous AF etc :D Need it to be Saturday now so I can watch rugby and play :LOL:

Cheers Mike, definitely determined to get my standards up close to if not up to the pics that are on here

Thanks Ally

Back