Save our Star!

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
A local music venue, in Guildford is fighting a noise abatement notice. A developer recently bought some nearby offices and turned them into residential flats, and then made a complaint against the music venue. They had an all day live music event and I tagged along to take just a few photos to help support them.

The Surrey Advertiser asked if they could use my images, and this went to the front page :)

47216988_10161162762220346_458794020080975872_o by dancook1982, on Flickr

Not my best live music images, I wasn't 'working' and I decided to only took a few photos of each act instead of working all the angles.

sos (29 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (7 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (3 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (2 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (1 of 1) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (22 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

sos (14 of 34) by dancook1982, on Flickr

Last edited:
Congratulations Dan. Well done. It's almost like that 1st image was made for the headline. It's also interesting to see how they've cropped the other two as well...

Last edited:
Congratulations Dan. Well done. It's almost like that 1st image was made for the headline. It's also interesting to see how they've cropped the other two as well...

Thanks :D if they'd have asked I'd have given them non-watermarked images, better than cutting Leoni's head off.

Thanks :D if they'd have asked I'd have given them non-watermarked images, better than cutting Leoni's head off.

Hah - I didn't realise... I thought it was to fit the space in the paper. That's just weird.... Wonder why they didn't ask...

Hah - I didn't realise... I thought it was to fit the space in the paper. That's just weird.... Wonder why they didn't ask...

I assumed that, but if they managed to cut out the front page image, they could have easily hidden the watermark on other images.

I don't know!!

congratulations Dan....a really good way to use your gear...satisfaction and encouragement to you
i see a fender jazz bass on there....(y)

Back