Saved by bullet proof glass

Holy sh**

Well there are reasons why they put the stuff in so I wouldnt be too surprised when someone takes a shot;)

Sniper should have taken a second shot, it might have punched through.

I think it might only if it hits the exact same spot as the first which is near impossible.

that would have made me jump i reckon...

Yep - think there would have been some turtle :exit:

As the man said "Holy sh**"

You've got to love how calm they stay though, personally if that had just happened to me I'd be hitting the floor as fast as gravity would let me :|

They just laughed it off!

Holy crap. I would be running out screaming rather than laughing but I guess they have been trained to understand the situation they were put in.

If it's a building I feel sorry for whoever gets the job to replace the glass............

Clean underwear all round me thinks :eek:

I'm just surprised they didn't start shooting back!

Must have been a long way away cos you hear the shot after the hit, if that had been a person you would never had known it was coming, prob dead before you heard it.

I think those sniper guns could have a range up to 1 mile or something (speaking without any proper knowledge/research). :eek: Scary!

On the other hand, just saw the news on BBC news website about the Royal Marines' daring mission sitting on the Apache "wing". That's amazing!

I think those sniper guns could have a range up to 1 mile or something (speaking without any proper knowledge/research). :eek: Scary!

On the other hand, just saw the news on BBC news website about the Royal Marines' daring mission sitting on the Apache "wing". That's amazing!

Any chance you could give us the link so I can have a read?? (y)

You've got to love how calm they stay though
that only happens for about five minutes. Then reality kicks in. I've been shot at four times and you really really need a drink afterwards, believe me.

that only happens for about five minutes. Then reality kicks in. I've been shot at four times and you really really need a drink afterwards, believe me.

OMG! :eek: I want to ask what happened, but I wouldn't want to dig up bad memories. :|

Always makes me wonder what life is all about whenever I see/read/hear of violence between one human and another.

the first time was the weirdest, the one to have a laugh at after the event and also, potentially, the most dangerous.

I was in a small and very fragile chopper that was diverted from the original mission to take a look at some aggro nearby. We (pilot & me) were listening to the radio chatter of what was happening on the ground when the pilot suddenly made this ikkle chopper do some stunts that were definately not in the handbook. I left my stomach some 100 ft above. My brain quickly rewound what I had heard just a couple seconds earlier and I realised what had happened. The radio traffic immediately preceeding these aerobatics included the phrase "..approximately five zero rounds fired at Hawkeye...". We were 'Hawkeye' :eek: :puke:

Back