Scaling and Lockwood

Being honest, the second shot is head and shoulders above the rest. Both as a composition/photo rather than a snap shot in holding your interest. And in the quality of the exposure and processing.

It is really nice, and I think with the lighter bit of water (reflection) cropped or cloned out it would be even better.

Thanks Craig. The second shot I used a big spotlight torch on the rotten log to light it up. I wasn't sure it would work but im quite happy with it.
I quite like the reflection but will try edits with and without. I value your opinion as you are always posting awesome photos so you clearly know your stuff.

They all appear very dark in the shadows to me. No 3 in particular is the case where you maybe tried to save some highlights in the sky, which is pointless and ended up with an extremely dark image overall.

The waterfalls need a stronger flow of water so sadly summer is not the best time to photograph them. Autumn should bring a real feast so I would be ready for it.

All good shots of fantastic areas of Yorkshire.

Photos were taken around 7-8pm so yes it was fairly low light. I tried to keep them true to the time taken.

I'm not usually a big fan of these kind of waterfall shots but #1 and #2 are really good IMHO, for me they work well.

For me the last shot is best! Although id crop it much tighter in more of a letterbox shape 16:9 type ratio.

Im not sure about the 2nd shot... bit of a marmite one... I want to like it... but not actually sure what the yellow area in the middle is.

The other three are not bad they just don't stand out for me. I think the forest river one would be better with a square crop.

Back