Scan Lines Driving me Mad !

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I have 2 Epson flatbed scanners - first one from a Deceased Camera Club Member the model Perfection 1650
the second from 'Trash Nothing ' ( a 'Recycle site') Model 2480
i got the second one as 1650 played up so much -- a bad electrical connection in the power cord -- mostly it would 'Preview' lots of coloured Lines not a preview scan and the sound it made was different to when it was previewing correctly.
So the model Perfection 2480 takes only a strip of 4 35mm and needs a lot of playing about before it 'Finds' the negs to scan. So I used that one -- now 2480 has packed up -- the Strip Light does not come on.
I get the 1650 working after lots of playing with position of electrical cord.
Lately it has scanned with 'Lines' on the Negatives -- I took off top of BOTH scanners and cleaned glass underneath.
To scan 'Medium Format' I use 'Home-Made Cardboard Masks' to hold the film strips as shown by owner before he died.
I USED to get good scans -- NO LINES -- anyone got any ideas please ? I use Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer or PhotoShop 7
PS -- I found a Bloke on E- bay selling replacement AC Adapter 291E for the Perfection 1650 -- no where else can I find any -- all discontinued.
Medium Format
BESSA 66 : Konica SXG 400 test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Bessa 66 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
35mm
More tests from my 'Gift' Spotmatic-F by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

This is a shame, Peter. I'm afraid I don't have any concrete suggestions, other than getting a more modern scanner, eg a V500? Fleabay sold prices seem to be mostly under £100 now...

yes -- I tried the 'Descreen' box . Both Epson flatbeds have gone to Council Tip -- I tried to repair the 1650 but made it WORSE ! That light also packed up .
I am looking at V700 and V750 BUT they seem to have vanished . I think my friend at Club has a V600 but he is away at present -- so no scanning by me but I had a few 35mm films done by Bill at BOOTS Brentwood Branch as a favour as I took a good Portrait of him for his 30 years service to BOOTS. he put them onto my memory stick. Just over 1800 pixels on long side but OK for Forum use.

Back