Schedule 1 Licence.

Well done Dale, great experience and top marks for the way you respected the birds

Mike
Thanks Mike, it was an experience to remember. Hopefully, I can repeat it next year. (y)

You've done a great job Dale..
well done!
Cheers Bob, I'll be there next year, if I have my way. ;)

I think we all ask our self why we do this Dale sometimes with me personally it's just my sheer inability with a camera in my hand sometimes it's the endless trauma of not getting that special chance, we all crave and graft our sox of for Mainly though it's my and epic fails I've outdone me recently will share elsewhere once it get's easier!!:banghead:

But for me that all stacks up to why we do all this and why we keep going back.

Trying to make something in a wildlife image that not only lifts your heart but speaks to others is incredibly hard Dale, tying to do that with all the physcological stuff implied by a schedule 1 species is even harder for me. The rules............... not over stepping the mark would effect me mate,get in the way of what I know and do. I've huge respect for you on all this bro ha ya know that. :p

As always mate go back next year............. more knowledge more time in the field will always put you in a better place you will make more frames you will be better armed as to how your specific subject will react these are the givens of hours and hours in the field failing bro.

This is the slow road it ain't easy mate and I deeply question the sanity of those of us who do this God mate......... there is so much to make a piccy of mate just so much, why on earth would one focus so much on just a few............

that's the bit I can't find words for Dale you can't explain to me the joy of a kingy kidlet sat yards from ya completely trusting no more than I what a baby hare means to me doing the same but I think wrapped up in that is the why, articulating it though i'm at a loss

the dream is though that one day we you I make a frame that somehow says that to an onlooker

Ha the most difficult of years and some buddy OMG AND SOME !!

take care my friend and all the ruddy luck in the world for next time

if ya never give up ya always have hope;)

bring it ( the hell ) on:cool:

stu

PS cheers for all this mate whole shebang is deeply inspiring to me and I guess many others, can I go back to having a crack with ya now bro:LOL:

Stu, thanks. I think you've pretty much summed it up, I can't really add to what you've said.

I'll be better armed next year as this year has been a huge learning curve. Getting immersed in the kingfisher's little world this year has really opened my eyes to a lot of things and next time, if I get re licenced that is, I'll have a slightly different approach here and there, small things that will make a big difference, I'm sure.

On that note, I will leave this here now and look forward to next year.

I couldn't leave it without an image though and one of the last I got of the youngsters for this year, the surviving female, from the second brood, with her eye on the prize.

IMGL7092 LR CS6 JP tp.jpg

Back