Schnaaaaaaaake

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Never seen any snakes in the UK until this year for some reason... Now I've seen a few :)

I'd seen one Adder sunbathing in the morning a few times after being shown a spot by a local dog walker but I never managed to get a good shot of it.

Thursday evening I was strolling about looking for Flutterbies and then noticed two Adders a few meters from me. Immediately I was a bit too close to the first one so it just hid pretty much straight away. This is the second one and I was looking for it's head.

Peering In by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

I had to peer in at different angles looking for it's head and I think we saw each other at the same time which was kind of funny. The head moved to look at me as soon as I got the right angle and I could see it was about to go hide. I lined up the lens to take shots of a gap it looked like it would go through and got this. Sadly the focus is not perfect but this is about as good as I've managed so far :)

Taken @ 560mm with a 25mm tube fitted to get a bit closer

Just A Glimpse by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Excellent - a black adder [cant remember the technical term for one] but lots of people who see lots of snakes spend years trying to find a black one :)

Well with any luck I can check the same spot again and get a better shot :D hehe

Back