School Basketball

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
The joys of fatherhood saw me take in my son's basketball game today at the brilliant Oriam. The team went down to a fantastic Wallace High team but very proud of the progress my son has made and a nice wee story to tell about getting to the Scottish Cup semi Final(I'm still one up as I made it to the final and he won't hear the end of that). Very high quality game for U15s and it's a great sport to watch.

Second time shooting Basketball and the light was so much better at this venue. Shooting around 1/800th @ F2.8 iso 2000

_DSC5069 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

_DSC5054 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

_DSC5017 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

_DSC4952 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Last edited:
a real bug bear of mine is the stray body parts.. with such a plain background its easy to clone out in #1 and especialy #3

#2 needs straightening and #4 is a bit of a sports no no.. no ball

Hope that helps :)

PS fantastic place the oriam. I was photographing a visiting team from queensland just before christmas and we got the whole tour of the facilities :)

Agree with KIPAX with regards to the cloning of body parts out, would be a big improvement.

Looked at the other ones in your set. There was a great one of them scrambling for the ball on the ground and what would have been a great shot was it not for the ref in the background.

Back