School Run - Bangkok Style

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this shot whilst wondering round Bangkok over december - The Mrs was in bed with Vertigo so I went on a 4 hour wonder, headphones in, beers on route and got some interesting shots...

This was one of the first shots i took with my newly purchased camera for the trip - at this point i didnt know the difference between all the settings however by the time we reached Australia 10 days later Ii was shooting in manuel and in RAW. The quality of my pics improved from then on i would say however still got a lot to learn!

Thanks

J

School Run by Jason Palmer Photography, on Flickr

Ah, Thailand... wires and scooters :D I'll be there in August for a wedding but I definitely wont be driving.

No feedback from me I'm afraid. It's just a lovely shot and I can't think how it could be improved :D

An amazing part of the world. Bangkok is a fascinating place. Which part are you going to?

Ah, Thailand... wires and scooters :D I'll be there in August for a wedding but I definitely wont be driving.

No feedback from me I'm afraid. It's just a lovely shot and I can't think how it could be improved :D
Thank you... Maybe a little less vignette at the bottom... Hmmmm

I think the wedding is in Bangkok but we'll be going all over, went all over last year too. My GF is Thai, from Chonburi.

I think the vignetting adds to the shot.

It seems to slope a bit from right to left and I may be tempted to rotate it very slightly even if this would mean that the verticals on the left and centre are ever so slightly off just to make the image as a whole look a little less slanted.

What do you think? About 2 deg cw works for me.

PS. We have a little saying about Thailand... In Thailand if you can do it you can do it.

Last year I missed a shot I'd have loved to have captured... a guy with a mobile stall selling spicy roast chicken and womens shoes :D I could imagine his customers... "I'll take that spicy chicken and those sexy red sling backs please" :D

Last edited:
Interesting image and a nice reminder, we were there a year ago during the protests. Great people, although I preferred Chiang Mai

Interesting image and a nice reminder, we were there a year ago during the protests. Great people, although I preferred Chiang Mai

Thanks Byker28i

One of the things i find interesting is not just that there are 3 people on the scooter but the rider (assumingly farther) wearing a helmet and the two kids are not... "and the winner for the most responsible adult 2015 goes to......."

Back