Schools Rugby - Updated with Images

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
No
You will get a better response if you make the effort to upload a small selection into the thread rather than asking members to visit your website :)

KoxTCG5h.jpg

D6cZXsOh.jpg

dR7PY3Uh.jpg

kuaLNhbh.jpg

3Wr9kPyh.jpg

JOUAtoyh.jpg

zQ1QiMHh.jpg

Body parts... for example next to last pic has a boot and a hand on the right hand side..other pics suffer from the same thing :( the one above it is missing the all important bit of whats happening.. otherwise your low down.. fronts of players and ball in pic.. so not all bad :)

Body parts... for example next to last pic has a boot and a hand on the right hand side..other pics suffer from the same thing :( the one above it is missing the all important bit of whats happening.. otherwise your low down.. fronts of players and ball in pic.. so not all bad :)

I get the feet thing and on reflection the crop could have been a bit tighter from the bottom right of the image (obviously I want to keep them with the same aspect ratio as shot for printing etc), however in rugby in particular its not always going to be possible to get a clean image in my opinion. I completely agree that it's preferable but I don't think it equates to soccer when there is rarely more than two people in the image. For example in the first image if you crop the foot from the right you're going to crop in to the other player so its a lose lose.

On the celebration picture. A try was scored from under a mass of bodies, so much so that the tv coverage of the game (yes these school boy games are covered on live tv) didn't pick up it being grounded, so in my opinion and perhaps I'm wrong there was a story in the shot of the players celebrating either the referees arm signalling a try.

I appreciate the feedback but that's just my two cents I suppose.

I get the feet thing and on reflection the crop could have been a bit tighter from the bottom right of the image (obviously I want to keep them with the same aspect ratio as shot for printing etc), however in rugby in particular its not always going to be possible to get a clean image in my opinion.

I do a fair bit of rugby. I manage to keep body parts out and all my pics are same aspect ratio.. I either crop them out or clone them out... It is possible.. Just takes a little more time ..Also doesn't alter the critique.. there orrible sticking in :)

Where or how did you get the software to do the watermarking?

Just use the lightroom export option to place a watermark on the images. It's very easy if you scroll down the options presented when you are exporting a file.

More to the Point why?
It is diabolical.

It's the company logo, they are commercial photos which are for sale, so I'd like to protect against people right clicking (which they can't on my website) or screenshotting and then uploading to their own social media.

It's pretty simple.

why watermark them so much on here, dont see them of being any use to anyone on this forum
He's already explained, it's his commercial choice :)

I do a fair bit of rugby. I manage to keep body parts out and all my pics are same aspect ratio.. I either crop them out or clone them out... It is possible.. Just takes a little more time ..Also doesn't alter the critique.. there orrible sticking in :)

I always try to follow this guidance, however, its been noted by one of the guys at my Rugby club that the majority of my photos are of the backs (due to me trying to get cleaner shots/keep body parts out of the shot). Is this something you have found in your own work, how do you approach forwards shots?

Thanks, Lee

Pardon my naivety (I'll just ask the question then leave the thread, apart from looking at any responses) but what are all these comments regarding keeping body parts out of photos of rugby matches? I've watched a fair bit of rugby over the years and, let's face it, rugby is one of the most physical of sports. I fail to see how you can photograph rugby and not include body parts in the shots. Can somebody please explain?

Pardon my naivety (I'll just ask the question then leave the thread, apart from looking at any responses) but what are all these comments regarding keeping body parts out of photos of rugby matches? I've watched a fair bit of rugby over the years and, let's face it, rugby is one of the most physical of sports. I fail to see how you can photograph rugby and not include body parts in the shots. Can somebody please explain?

Have a look at the 6th picture down of the ones posted.. the one next to last.. on the right theres a foot and a hand sticking into the picture .. body parts... We arn't talking about the body parts of the players in the picture :) :)

Have a look at the 6th picture down of the ones posted.. the one next to last.. on the right theres a foot and a hand sticking into the picture .. body parts... We arn't talking about the body parts of the players in the picture :) :)

Thanks. Old age + stupidity (on my part) are a terrible mix.:(

Excellent series, very sharp and colorful. I would like to know which lens you used.
A lot of fun and thanks so much for sharing.

It's the company logo, they are commercial photos which are for sale, so I'd like to protect against people right clicking (which they can't on my website) or screenshotting and then uploading to their own social media.

It's pretty simple.

It is so very easy for someone looking at your site to re-enable the right click in their browser, there is very little point in enabling it on your web site in the first place. The average teenager could do it in about 5 seconds, if not quicker than that.

They also probably wouldn't really care either about the watermark if they want to pop them on their Facebook page.

Back