Scorpion Fly

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Another quarry which just was plain and simple aloof and elusive. Not the shots I would have liked but there is only so many times a man can approach, abort, follow, approach, abort, follow and so on................:) Male and female shown here.

Scorpion fly 1A.jpg

Scorpion fly 2A.jpg

Scorpion fly 3A.jpg

Tim
Those are good shots of a difficult subject with the last being the best. They are not easy subject to stalk.

I agree. The ones I see have a distinct tendency to wander off into the foliage rather quickly. Well done Tim.

Nice, I can honestly say I never even knew something like this existed. What a strange creature.

Tim
Those are good shots of a difficult subject with the last being the best. They are not easy subject to stalk.

Thanks for looking and the kind comments. I'd seen these before but never really got close enough to notice the mouth parts combined with overall shape being akin to an out of service supersonic air liner.

All the best

Tim

I agree with the above on these being a difficult to photograph species, I know this because I don't have a shot of one :LOL:

Great work on capturing both the male and the female, well done, Tim.

One of my favourite beasties (y) great shot of the Male with pretend stinger,like you say hard to shoot as they tend to just drop to the ground if slightly disturbed...

Clive.

I agree with the above on these being a difficult to photograph species, I know this because I don't have a shot of one :LOL:

Great work on capturing both the male and the female, well done, Tim.

Thanks Andy, appreciate you taking a look and replying. I didn't realise how much I'd been stung by the nettles while capturing these until I got home.

One of my favourite beasties (y) great shot of the Male with pretend stinger,like you say hard to shoot as they tend to just drop to the ground if slightly disturbed...

Clive.

Thank you Clive, yes that was the problem whilst in pursuit of them, or they constantly moved deeper into the nettle bed, certainly a challenge.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Tim

Back