Scotney Castle old boat house

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes

Scotney Castle old boat house
Sue Teazle and I went there this morning and it was bright and sunny day. Clouding over now so went the right time
Re edited version

Last edited:
Looks like a fascinating building and the reflection is nice. Are the highlights just a little over-bright, or is that me?

just noticed roof not right either so fixed it. don't know what went wrong in editing

first look at Scotney Castle

Good side of the fortified house

This side demolished to build mansion nearby

View across part of the lake around it

Great place for Photographs
Nikon D800 and afs80-400mm lens if visiting need at least 24-70mm lens as well as I have used that on previous visits

Last edited:
I found when I visited last year, that it wasn't easy to get a clear shot of that boat house.
The whole place is very pretty though. Wish there were fewer people so you could get a clear shot.

Two minor comments on the other images, they seem to lack in contrast a bit (midday sun perhaps) also, the last 3 have a bit of a left lean to them. Nothing a quick edit won't fix though.

You do need to get there early as it is one of the big stop offs for continental coaches. Thanks for the hints Alistair, yes I could have altered the slant a bit and yes it was very sunny that morning

Back