No
Can't lick a good cat photo :D

OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
A stone statue from my garden plus a background of the Isle of May.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I wondered where you'd been! Great idea and very well executed.

Edit My Images
No
Love the idea, but it fails for me for the fact it doesn't look quite right. Better than i could manage though so thumbs up.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Great idea for the theme, good choice of background to make the flowers pop out. The things that distract me though, are the mark/smudge on the background just to the left of the stems at the top of the spring, and the bits of foliage poking out of the bottom of the spring.

Last edited:
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I like that! Quirky and original. Perhaps a little marginal on the Low Key technique?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the simplicity of that, and the spring is a great idea.

The composition works well, but I've have maybe tried for a dark/black background.

OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Perhaps a little marginal on the Low Key technique?
Realised that when I went to double check the definition but had forgotten to take it off the title!! I'm banking on the free week for the tech!

Last edited:
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Sorry not been commenting or taking pictures much with work and exams so trying to catchup.

Really like this, the daffs shout spring but I like the twist of using a spring in the shot as a "vase". Love the lighting too.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Yep - does the job nicely that ;)

OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Thank you. I really really struggled with this. Guess I’m not a lighting kind of girl!

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Daffodils in a spring, very droll :) .

The low key shot seems a little flat. Oh, no it's not, I just moved it to my other monitor (I can't get them matched) and it's much better there. I'll have to watch that in future.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nicely placed red lorry :)

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Escher lives on! :)

OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Cannot take any credit apart from the original pic of the duck. All down to software whose name escape me but it starts with a P!! I’ll check in the morning. Photospiralize maybe??