Scot's quine's 52 Challenge for 2021 - Week 52 added

Can't lick a good cat photo :D

A stone statue from my garden plus a background of the Isle of May.

Nicely thought out and executed Joan (y)

Heh. I really like the surreal-ness of this.

I wondered where you'd been! Great idea and very well executed.

A great idea and well put together, something different.

Love the idea, but it fails for me for the fact it doesn't look quite right. Better than i could manage though so thumbs up.

Great idea for the theme, good choice of background to make the flowers pop out. The things that distract me though, are the mark/smudge on the background just to the left of the stems at the top of the spring, and the bits of foliage poking out of the bottom of the spring.

Last edited:
I like that! Quirky and original. Perhaps a little marginal on the Low Key technique?

I like the simplicity of that, and the spring is a great idea.

The composition works well, but I've have maybe tried for a dark/black background.

Perhaps a little marginal on the Low Key technique?

Realised that when I went to double check the definition but had forgotten to take it off the title!! I'm banking on the free week for the tech!

Last edited:
Yep - does the job nicely that ;)

Thank you. I really really struggled with this. Guess I’m not a lighting kind of girl!

Daffodils in a spring, very droll :) .

The low key shot seems a little flat. Oh, no it's not, I just moved it to my other monitor (I can't get them matched) and it's much better there. I'll have to watch that in future.

Nicely placed red lorry :)

I think I like the second shot best, but like Dave I spotted the red lorry in the first and thought it was nicely placed. It's just a little small in the frame for me.

I wonder how the second would look as a black and white?

Escher lives on! :)

Cannot take any credit apart from the original pic of the duck. All down to software whose name escape me but it starts with a P!! I’ll check in the morning. Photospiralize maybe??

Fascinating duck shot! Still trying to get my head round it :LOL:

Back