Scot's quine's 52 Challenge for 2021 - Week 52 added

Yep - my head gets like that too. All swirly wirly :)

A nice abstract image. My head was more chaotic than that until I took a week off work. Listening to birds and watching clouds improved my headspace a lot! :)

The image has a nice balance. I wonder how it would look if the whole thing was shifted left a bit to make the shadowy areas equidistant from the edge in the bottom third, but then I quite like how the "busy mind" can ignore imperfections.

Is it patterned silk of some sort?

I wondered what on earth it was until I read your explanation. An interesting composition and definitely and interesting angle on the theme.

The top bit is the ordered bit of my mind with everything ordered and the bottom bit is supposed to show all the confusion and disorder underneath! (I'm just a bit tired at the moment - forgetting that I am unwell and just trying to do too much!).

That looks a bit more ordered than my head at the moment. The shades of grey are calming.

I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like a mix of material at the top and metal at the bottom. Have you produced it in photoshop?

I invited myself down to the local bowling club as I knew it was a ladies practise afternoon. Took lots of shots different angles but the red shoes did it for me. No dress code for practise times! Ladies were a bit concerned their faces would show!

The red shoes do indeed make it Joan. It also looks like the ball is off the ground which is very much in contrast to what I'd expect from crown green bowling... Optical illusion or is that normal?

Yes @Harlequin565 , the ball is indeed off the ground which was the shot I originally thought of. It was interesting the different ball deliveries from the ladies dependent I think on how limber they were. Some balls were more airborne than others!

Nice image, and yes the red shoes really give it a 'pop', great timing on the ball too :)

Good work Joan, as others have said the shoes really add something to the image.

"Green bowling"
What a great idea for the theme (y)

Green
Really good idea. I like the red shoes, although I'm not sure it's your typical bowling attire.

Great take on the theme... love the shoes and the letterbox crop.

There is so much to like about this green shot Joan. I had thought of sitting at the edge of the golf course to get a green.... if it hadn't been for all this rain! I love the colours. I love that you've chopped off his/her head and cropped it as a letterbox, and I love that you've got the bowl/ball thingy in mid air. Just fab!

I'm not totally sure what's happening here,
but I quite like the pastel colours

I really like your Snapper's Choice - particularly because you've appeared to title it Choice and there is a choice of blooms to look at. I'm finding it a very calming image to look at with the slightly muted colours. Was it an in camera multi exposure?

You are quite right @Bebop - it is an in-camera multiple exposure. Just discovered that my camera did that on Saturday so had a play around. Here is another one I did. I have no idea what algorithm the camera uses to determine which layer is which but I think it is very effective.
Multiple flowers.jpg

I know I went overboard a bit on the processing but I quite like it in all its awfulness!

Hmmm, definitely prefer the original but a challenge is a challenge.

Week 27 - Indigenous

On 3 counts - rubber (John Dunlop Scottish), tarmac (John McAdam Scottish), Irn Bru (Barrs Scottish)

Week 27 - Indiginous - NZA_2616.jpg

And litter (UK).

That was the impression I got before seeing your explanation. Litter being extremely indigenous (esp in my area).

Nicely thought out Joan

Yep - that works! :)

Well done Joan.. you've captured a lot and also managed to create a pleasing composition!

Thank you. It is a soft frame and then a bit of drop shadow on the left to give it a 3d effect.

Back