Scot's quine's 52 Challenge for 2021 - Week 8 added

Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
And another year comes in.......................third year in a row for me and looking forward to it. I've got this!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Oooh - I've just come back from an hour long walk in the frosty wood - and I can feel the heat of that shot!

Nice two camera phone you have there haha! First selfie of the set I think :)

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Camera phones have come a long way over the years.
Nice colourful shot and love the flames.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Joan

A very clean and shinny (reflective) log burner. makes me feel warm looking at it.

Pete

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
very warm and welcoming I want to toast some marshmallows now.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Sharp shot for a phone, as others have said they've come on a lot over the years.
I think I might have tried to get closer in on the blocks of wood (I assume) on the, er.. grate? giving a much tighter shot, but that's personal preference so ymmv.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Very creative and I like the square crop with the plate in the diagonals, really adds to the image. I can't help thinking it may need a bit more contrast though, and maybe a tighter crop (?)

Last edited:

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Very artistic (y)
I think it's great, loving how you've carefully composed it with just a couple of bits overhanging :)

Though oddly, whilst it's not technically at the same level, I prefer the banana. I see a dolphin and it makes me chuckle.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit
Great but of creative thinking and modelling. I think you could have gone in a bit closer. I do like the directional light, making some nice shadows, giving the feeling of depth to the fruit.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I love the first Joan, it's very creative though I might have cropped a little tighter.

I like the second too!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I also like the 1st one. Appeals to my tidy-ness. Like how the colours compliment each other. The overhanging leaf (along with it's accompanying shadow) at 2 o'clock is a minor point.

The dolphin is disturbing! But a clever idea well exectuted. Not sure what the wierd colours are on the edge of the plate though...

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Joan

wk 0 ... I really think you should have opened the door and aimed your camera inside.

wk 1 ... #2 is fab :D

Last edited:

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
They are very creative I like the Orange best but the banana is cute.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Two good takes on the theme. Loev the Banolphin :)

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
The top one is nice but I prefer the banana which is very clever.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Wow.. not sure whether to comment on the image or your great fruit sculpting. Both very creative.

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
PRINCESS
Edit My Images
No
Two great shots for the theme.

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Good start to your 52 Joan, I do like a bit of creativity in the subject, it shows another side to the photographer I feel.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
They're both really pleasing images. The novelty of the creation and composition almost renders the technical aspects of the photography irrelevant.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Erm, you keep your washing machine outside?
I left our (broken) one on the front path and it took all of 4 days for the scrap fairies to remove it (even during covid ! ).
Well, it's certainly on theme, and aren't these superficially easy themes actually quite hard in reality.
I'm wondering if there isn't a better shot in there somewhere. Maybe a tight close up on part of it? Dunno.

Edit My Images
Yes
That's a lot of dirty washing!! I'm with Tim though I'm afraid - I can't quite find a subject in this composition.

Last edited:

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Not your best submission Joan, but as Tim say's sometimes the apparent easy themes are far from it.

Edit My Images
No
Nearby: I think we might have the same burner - a Clearview? Keeping us toasty as I type.

Fruit: That looks like a painstaking job and a fun submission for the theme. Very creative.

Dirty: Looks like the place is being gutted. I agree there are a few elements there you could have selected for the subject rather than the wide view, but there certainly needs to be some cleaning up!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
A nice quirky take on the theme :)