Scot's quine's 52 Challenge for 2021 - Week 52 added

Scots_quine

In memoriam
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
And another year comes in.......................third year in a row for me and looking forward to it. I've got this!

Oooh - I've just come back from an hour long walk in the frosty wood - and I can feel the heat of that shot!

Nice two camera phone you have there haha! First selfie of the set I think :)

Hi Joan

A very clean and shinny (reflective) log burner. makes me feel warm looking at it.

Pete

very warm and welcoming I want to toast some marshmallows now.

Sharp shot for a phone, as others have said they've come on a lot over the years.
I think I might have tried to get closer in on the blocks of wood (I assume) on the, er.. grate? giving a much tighter shot, but that's personal preference so ymmv.

Very creative and I like the square crop with the plate in the diagonals, really adds to the image. I can't help thinking it may need a bit more contrast though, and maybe a tighter crop (?)

Last edited:
Very artistic (y)
I think it's great, loving how you've carefully composed it with just a couple of bits overhanging :)

Though oddly, whilst it's not technically at the same level, I prefer the banana. I see a dolphin and it makes me chuckle.

Fruit
Great but of creative thinking and modelling. I think you could have gone in a bit closer. I do like the directional light, making some nice shadows, giving the feeling of depth to the fruit.

I love the first Joan, it's very creative though I might have cropped a little tighter.

I like the second too!

I also like the 1st one. Appeals to my tidy-ness. Like how the colours compliment each other. The overhanging leaf (along with it's accompanying shadow) at 2 o'clock is a minor point.

The dolphin is disturbing! But a clever idea well exectuted. Not sure what the wierd colours are on the edge of the plate though...

Both nicely presented Joan.
#1 for me

Hi Joan

wk 0 ... I really think you should have opened the door and aimed your camera inside.

wk 1 ... #2 is fab :D

Last edited:
They are very creative I like the Orange best but the banana is cute.

Two good takes on the theme. Loev the Banolphin :)

The top one is nice but I prefer the banana which is very clever.

Wow.. not sure whether to comment on the image or your great fruit sculpting. Both very creative.

Good start to your 52 Joan, I do like a bit of creativity in the subject, it shows another side to the photographer I feel.

They're both really pleasing images. The novelty of the creation and composition almost renders the technical aspects of the photography irrelevant.

Erm, you keep your washing machine outside?
I left our (broken) one on the front path and it took all of 4 days for the scrap fairies to remove it (even during covid ! ).
Well, it's certainly on theme, and aren't these superficially easy themes actually quite hard in reality.
I'm wondering if there isn't a better shot in there somewhere. Maybe a tight close up on part of it? Dunno.

That's a lot of dirty washing!! I'm with Tim though I'm afraid - I can't quite find a subject in this composition.

Last edited:
Not your best submission Joan, but as Tim say's sometimes the apparent easy themes are far from it.

Nearby: I think we might have the same burner - a Clearview? Keeping us toasty as I type.

Fruit: That looks like a painstaking job and a fun submission for the theme. Very creative.

Dirty: Looks like the place is being gutted. I agree there are a few elements there you could have selected for the subject rather than the wide view, but there certainly needs to be some cleaning up!

A nice quirky take on the theme :)

Back