weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Ooohhh those sparkles are lovely. You've caught the details well.

Clever interpretation of the theme.

The top of the pen is the 'O' + PEN! Thought I would do it quickly before anyone else thought of it!

I really like your open image, clever idea nicely composed excellent light and good reflections your image for clean also shows a good imagination and technique it must have been really hard to get the exposure of the sparks right but you have managed it, very good start to your 52

That O-Pen image is very clever indeed and beautifully done. Well done indeed!

Love this. Quality DOF. Well done. Must remember that one for a future image !

Hi,

New - Sweet kitten. Nice and sharp with good focus on the eyes. Mono conversion is great, though the eyes could take a bit of brightening.

Clean - well done with exposing for the sparkler without losing detail in the shadows.

Open - Im a sucker for a good reflection. Nice one. Super sharp on the nib of the pen, and great DoF.

Same day posting! Very quick!! Nicely done. Could you explain (when you have time of course) how you set it up? On a piece of glass or mirror? etc. Thanks.

Clean - I love the sparkler great capture.
Open - I like the colours and the reflection

@BobBCN - the pen is on an A4 piece of black gloss Perspex, using natural light. Macro lens on a tripod at f/8. I bought the black Perspex years ago for photographing jewellery and never used it and now I have used it twice in 2 weeks!! May have to retire it now!

What a cleverley shoe-horned open - thinking very much outside the box but wonderfully executed.

Love everything about it, especially the reflection

Love the black background works really well and shows the reflections up well. Good use of DoF.

Great image, loving the reflection, well controlled.

Hi Scott

New, Very nice B&W image of your new cat, I love the expression and I know my Dudley would enjoy barking and chasing it around (In a friendly way). Good conversion to B&W and DOF is just right.

Clean. a lot of theme sretching going on here, but the effect is nice and works well. Lots of details in the bracelets and the colours work well together.

Open, I groaned at this one, but the image has loats of details and works well.

Pete

Hi Joan,

Really like both clean and open. I did some pictures at halloween with sparkers and it was a fine line before they were blown out, I think you got it just right. The blue and black work really nicely together and the reflections are excellent. :D

Catching up here...

New is a cute image, works well in mono.
Clean- a very striking image, very nicely done. I really like it.
Open-nice play on the theme, great to see very different interpretations of the theme.
Distant-I'm not so keen on this one, the car on the right spoils it for me., and it looks a bit close-cropped at the bottom.

The sculpture in the middle of the roundabout is one of Andy Scott's - same bloke that did the Kelpies. This one is River Spirit, one of six different ones that he has dotted round my area.

NIK_9687-1c.jpg

Great shot for this week, the light on the hills his superb.

Back