weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Nicely wide. Sky is gone a bit but still works well.

Dirty
I like the first one the most, the flower contrasts (in it's beauty) against the dirty gloves.

Wide
I like the shapes and the what the wide angle lens has added to the photo.

Great wide shot :)

Closed
Good reflection and I like the white background. Three books works better than if there was only one.

Waited all week to see if I could think up anything different but couldn't so books it were! Perhaps I don't get out enough!

Hi Joan,

That's a great shot for a wide. The wide lens really emphasises the curves and lines. :clap:

Closed is a simple idea and executed really very well. Great lighting, detail and reflection. (y)

Week 30 - SNAPPERS CHOICE

Taken at silly o'clock this morning. Not what I went out to get...……….

WEEK 30 - SNAPPERS CHOICE -N5A_6578-small-2.jpg

Love your take on CLOSED, and it looks very good with the reflections. Nice one.
FREE - silly o'clock is often the best time for snapping!

That's the trouble with photography, good light is at silly o'clock (mostly).
It's paid off here though.

I love that 'silly-o'clock' light!:giggle:
Being as I'm not a 'silly-o'clock' kind of person, I'm rarely up at this time, which I regret.:sorry:
You've captured a really fantastic image Joan, with great colours and a nice composition of a subject, which in lesser hands would have been rather mundane, but you've elevated it very nicely into a pleasing and memorable image!:clap:

WEEK 31 - LIFE

Started off a lovely day and half way through the race card, the heavens opened and within half an hour the park was awash. Early bath for me!
WEEK 31 - LIFE-N5A_6876.jpg

Life
It looks like a grim day, hopefully better luck next time.

Hi Joan

What's the story with the oil tanks, you say it was not what you where after and the sun is well past sunrise, was there too much cloud earlier, or where you late and did not get to where you wanted to be.
Other wise the lead in lines of the tracks work well heading towards the sun, which is nicely difussed by the clouds and is giving a nice colour to the sky. field to the right is reflectin the colour in the sky well.

The predawn image is nice, but with (I think) too much sky, try cutting it down so the lights and reflections are central (letterbox it).

Life, it is hard at times. Not really sure what you are trying to show, the denched chap walking?, what sort of racing was going on as there is nothing to give us a clue. Some jumps or railings may have helped here.

Pete

Nice image Joan - pretty grotty day though....shame!
I'm curious what that dark 'shadow' is top right?
I might have been tempted to crop out the Transit van though....maybe feature that chap on the left a bit more perhaps....but that's just me!
It does sum up the typical British summer weather though!

The shadow top right is the rain. It was a monsoon and all that water fell in half an hour. It was at the whippet racing. I did photoshop some whippets swimming in the water with ducks and a beach ball just for a laugh for the club!!

Week 32 - INTERIOR (of a clematis bud)
Week 32-INTERIOR.jpg

Did this one quite quickly this afternoon and the light wasn't quite right. Am going to try again tomorrow if I have time. Was originally going to try and present it like a botanical print but didn't have time to faff.

I do agree Dave. I don’t normally do ‘frames’ but I find one of the beauties of this challenge is just trying out different stuff!!

This was I had in my head yesterday if I had time. A botanical print effect I hope.
N5A_6920-part3-small.jpg

Hi Joan,
Nice, rich colours in your snappers choice shot.
The British way of life is rain in summer :) That does look like a heck of a lot of rain came down!
Your first shot is an absolute beauty for Interior. Very well done Joan.

Interior
Well you've beaten me to it. That's the idea I had in my head (although I was going to use a rose bud). As the saying goes 'you snooze, you lose :ROFLMAO:
I would maybe have flipped the image, so that the flower stem is on the left, to help lead the eye in to the frame. Good subtle colours and light.

Two nice flower pix. I like the 2nd best. I think the bud needs more dof to work well.

Taken with my phone so not surprised! I’ll try a bit of sharpening on it.

Hi Joan

Good thinking, I'm still pretty much a cash person for shopping, I don't do much if I can help it.

Pete

Nice take on the theme. I use very little cash these days. It's either the card or my phone.

Bit of a cop out I know but I'm off on holiday this week so no time. It was either that or this:
Week 34 -2-EMPTY.jpg

Back