weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Big black square is a definite cop out - I much prefer the empty traps.

Both images are certainly ... empty.

Very funny Joan!!:ROFLMAO:
#1 is most definitely a cop out!
It's not level though!!!:LOL:

Technically it fits the theme however, it ticks all the 'empty' boxes!
Subject, foreground, background, composition, exposure....even colour....all empty!
I'm curious though, is it an actual photograph? Or did you cheat and just click the 'paint fill' tool in Photoshop?
You know what?...forget I asked such an insulting question!:giggle:
Of course it's a genuine photograph....the tell-tale, subtle tones of the inside of your lens cap are unmistakable!:D
And I should know what the inside of a lens cap looks like!!:LOL:

Empty
I did chuckle too myself when I saw it, a framed black rectangle. I thought it was quite inspired. Although the empty traps are probably a better choice for a photography challenge.

Hi Joan,

Empty - Hehe, very good. Someone had to do it :) Don't listen to the others going on about the traps. Your Empty night shot wins it for me :clap:
Plastic - Good work, and good thinking to blur the image a little to prevent the more nefarious from stealing your details !
(That's @Dave70D and his G.A.S. addiction ;) )
Interior - #2... It does indeed look like a botanical print you may find on a wall or in a book.
Very nicely composed and executed and the subtle use of the flower's colour for the frame really tops it off (y) Excellent.
Not that #1 isn't good, but #2 rocks it.
Life - As you say, Life in Britain with our weather... A challenging subject.
Free Week - I think I'm going to plump for your 'one hour earlier' shot. I love the blueness of it. Is it Pepperland? I'm looking for a Dreadful Flying Glove.
Closed - Ah yes, good call on the theme. I need to get my thinking cap on for this one.
Wide - That is one odd looking bridge. Is it a waterway of some kind?
Dirty - #3 for me. I prefer the purple as it stands out more.
Drink - LOL, very good, that did make me chuckle. Lovely portrait. I do think the focus is on hte nose rather than the eye though. For deep enough DoF that it doesn't really matter.
Full - Great colour contrast of the orange and purple. Liking the use of the edge in the background to land the glass.

Week 35 - Buildings - Culross Palace. A lot of Outlander was shot in Culross.
Week 35 - Building-N5A_9229.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Joan,

Free Week - I think I'm going to plump for your 'one hour earlier' shot. I love the blueness of it. Is it Pepperland? I'm looking for a Dreadful Flying Glove. - It is the BP at Grangemouth looking across the Forth.

Wide - That is one odd looking bridge. Is it a waterway of some kind? - It is the underside of the Clackmannanshire Bridge over the River Forth.

Last edited:
Building
It's quite a striking building, the colour is really strong against the grey skies. Yup that pig is a bit random.

Building is really nice, I like the colours (especially the way the moisture is running down the render/paintwork). The pig adds a quirky interest to it.

Hi Joan, Looks like an interest place, with no gutters. For me it could have more of that nice brooding sky, which would also mean that the top of the left building would not be cropped.

Pete

Love the SOFT shot, it is something similar to what I wanted to try (though with a dandelion seed) but I didn't get time, well done :)

Soft is really nicely done, great for the theme and I like the composition, great use of a closer crop.

Week 37 - OLD (style cut & paste) + Rule of Thirds

Bit of a manic week so not as lot of thought as required for this shot. Cue the wonky background! And the dodgy lighting!

Week 37 - OLD- N5B_0378.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Joan

It took a while to sink in, but very clever. I find all weeks are manic at the moment. I could do with retiring, but have a couple of years to go yet.

Pete

Great idea for the theme! I didn't work it out straight away...

Clever take on the theme :)

Clever take on OLD :)

I like how the background compliments the colours of the daisy very nicely done

Nicely shot and processed :)

Yep - that's a beauty - the background makes it!

Have to say I really like the background as well. Hopefully I will be able to recreate it again for another day. I'm just finding my way around coloured backgrounds.

Back