weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Week 24 - TIME
'A time and a place for us
Hold my hand and we're half way there
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow...……..'
Week 24 - TIME - N5A_3453.jpg

Fab shot. Got the Tom Waits version of "Somewhere" in my head now :)

Hi Joan

Great take on the theme, grass is a good background for the image. Well done.

Pete

Great image Joan. I had a very similar image that I took at the weekend with my mum and brother and their watches, but I struggled to get it sharp and without harsh shadows.

I really like this concept

Terrific, inventive image Joan!(y)
Great interpretation of the theme.
So that would be your hand with the blue sleeve at the bottom of the frame and, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they the bracelets that featured in your excellent 'Sparkling Clean' image back in January?
Excellent work as always Joan!:clap:

Time
Love it, I've wanted to do something like this for a while.
It goes well for the theme.

@GarethB Spot on Gareth - that is my arm in the blue and the same bracelets! Was out with some fellow club members on Monday taking pics for our club summer project and this was literally the last image taken on the day. I kept saying all day I must take my TP photo as I had this image, (actually the song), in my head. This was the third of 3 images I took with our hands and watches.
This was the first:
N5A_3450-1.jpg

Hi Joan,

Time - Interesting. I had to google the song. Gawd knows what that'll do to my You Tube music feed ;)
Hard to choose between your two images, but on balance #1

Squashed - Very clever, I can only guess at how you did it, but nice processing to get it looking so real.

Fragile - Haha @ Mark's comment, but it really is a great shot. Great use of light. Spot on (y)

Whole - Great looking pano of that garden. I don't think you needed a polariser, you might have lost the reflections of the sky had you used one?

Free Week - Excellent sharp action shot, those pooches have a fair turn of speed. Loving how they are both airborne.

Nicely done for FULL :)

As others have said, really nice image. Great contrast in colours, and great composition. Although, what is the dark liquid in the glass?

Nicely done for both time and full. Both images really suit the theme and the colours in full really pop out. Lovely stuff.

Full
Ok, so I've know idea what that drink (if it is a drink) is, but the colours are nice, they stand out well against the background.

As others have said, really nice image. Great contrast in colours, and great composition. Although, what is the dark liquid in the glass?
The purple 'liquid' was actually wallpaper paste and food colouring - I needed something to ooze over the top of the glass!

Week 26 - DRINK (hair of the dog)
Week 26 - DRINK -N5A_4444-1.jpg

Attachments

• Week 26 - DRINK -N5A_4444.jpg
    Week 26 - DRINK -N5A_4444.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Drink
Hair of the dog, a good bit of lateral thinking there. And who could not love those puppy dog eyes.

Last edited:
Hi Joan

Best take on the theme so far. cute little dog as well, plenty of detail and good focus on the eyes.

Pete

Nice set of pops :)

Hi Joan,

You've posted some great images since I last looked in.

Squashed - Now that's a very clever and amusing take on the theme. Very creative!.
Time - Not heard of the song but with the explanation it's a perfect fit for the theme.
Full - Great colours and it definitely can't get any fuller :)
Drink - Great bit of lateral thinking there and a beautiful photo of a lovely dog as well.
Dirty - I think the second one works for me best. I really like the colour.

I like the second one as well @Leebert as it is in the centre of the image but I thought the red was too boring (and red would be a pop-ular colour choice!).
I have a dirty trowel, dirty gloves, dirty slabs and dirt on the roots so reckon I have slightly overdone the 'dirty' bit!

I agree, I prefer the second. :)

Hi Joan

Another vote for no22, then no3 and finally 1.
The reasons, No 2 the colour is in the centre, making it stand out straight away. Number 3 the main area of colour is on the thumb and the other areas are much smaller and spread apart which slightly distracts from the thumb.
The 1st one is too little, the white from the gloves steal the attention.
All just my opinion.

Pete

That's a well spotted shot, it really suits the wide angle..

Back