Weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 41 added

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Love the sculpture and the image fits the theme would have liked it without the cars, I of course have no idea if that would have been possible.

OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Was just about to post one with cards (although I 'snapped' on fives!) but someone beat me to it so it had to be Plan B! That'll learn me to be tardy!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't worry about repeating images someone else has already posted, as your version is bound to be a different take even if it's the same subject (unless you're standing right next to them ;) )
Your shot certainly sells the idea of cold. I was pondering the idea of a polarizing filter to reduce reflections, but that might reduce the impact of the ice.

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes, maybe B/W would fit this image. Still a great idea. I thought there would be lots of 'people waiting' shots, but quite a few have thought out of the box. This being one of them, so :clap::clap::clap:

Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice thinking on the theme, and well composed. I like the diagonal line through the subject items in the composition, that was very well thought out

Edit My Images
Yes
Very nicely done Joan. Composed well, lots to look at. I too would have converted to mono with some over contrasty effect to it

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
What a great idea. I think the colour version is fine as you can see the details in the skirting board. Not sure it would show up so well if the image was in black and white. Nice shadows as well.

Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
I like it. Good composition. I had a similar idea, but didn't want to have to paint anything as a result of setting it up!

OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Cropped the head off to preserve anonymity but the original image had it! I think I could have pushed the graininess a bit further.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really happy with it I must admit. It was a fairly spontaneous shot, not what I first had in mind for the theme. And he's a great guy! It looks even better at full size.