weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Love the sculpture and the image fits the theme would have liked it without the cars, I of course have no idea if that would have been possible.

Very well taken and composed image.
I'll echo what others have said - the light hitting the distant hills is sublime!
Great drama in the sky too.
As roundabouts go, this is one of the most interesting with the sculpture in the middle.
Very nice work Joan.(y)

great this. well done. I'm off to buy some new shiny tiles for my reflections ideas now!

Was just about to post one with cards (although I 'snapped' on fives!) but someone beat me to it so it had to be Plan B! That'll learn me to be tardy!

Don't worry about repeating images someone else has already posted, as your version is bound to be a different take even if it's the same subject (unless you're standing right next to them ;) )
Your shot certainly sells the idea of cold. I was pondering the idea of a polarizing filter to reduce reflections, but that might reduce the impact of the ice.

Its a nice composition in my mind its calling for a B+W conversion

Yes, maybe B/W would fit this image. Still a great idea. I thought there would be lots of 'people waiting' shots, but quite a few have thought out of the box. This being one of them, so :clap::clap::clap:

Nice thinking on the theme, and well composed. I like the diagonal line through the subject items in the composition, that was very well thought out

Very nicely done Joan. Composed well, lots to look at. I too would have converted to mono with some over contrasty effect to it

What a great idea. I think the colour version is fine as you can see the details in the skirting board. Not sure it would show up so well if the image was in black and white. Nice shadows as well.

I like it. Good composition. I had a similar idea, but didn't want to have to paint anything as a result of setting it up!

Cropped the head off to preserve anonymity but the original image had it! I think I could have pushed the graininess a bit further.

Last edited:
Great image Joan. Perfect in mono and really well done. Looking at that image, I think the original with the head would make a great portrait print.

I'm really happy with it I must admit. It was a fairly spontaneous shot, not what I first had in mind for the theme. And he's a great guy! It looks even better at full size.

Back