weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Very nice wet image. lovely DOF and the droplets are perfect.

I really like your free image. Great black and white, huge amount of detail and a very atmospheric image

My goodness Joan, what an amazing image for the free theme!:clap:
I absolutely love the processing in this image....fantastic contrasts and details, the mono treatment works spectacularly well!
I think this is my favourite of the theme so far....just love the composition.
Truly excellent work Joan!(y)

Love that bridge mono :)

Interesting structure in the background on theme but it looks a little soft though that could be this forum.

Just, a little catch up Joan.
Wet, the droplet and bokeh are spot on, really works
Free, the composition and framing really work. Nice pic
Entrance, like this. Is it a folly in the background ?

@Allan.H - you could be right. It was blowing a hoolie at that point. Applied a bit of sharpening to it. Is this any better?
Week 11 _ENTRANCE_N5A_0236_HDR-2sharp.jpg

A stoner pineapple - what's not to like? :)

Wet: lovely image. Youve managed to catkin texture extremely well. Love the bokeh it really adds to the image.

Free: Some lovely detail in the bridge and the sky adds a nice contrast.

Entrance: a nicely focused image. Not sure about the tones in the sky though , like the HDR effect though.

You are certainly getting some great pictures with that new camera.

Very good shot, the ENTRANCE leads the eye nicely to the structure, which looks like one of those follies I remember reading about at some point.

In fact, after Googling I will stick my neck out and say that it is the Dunmore Pineapple, or at least an identical copy of it.

@BobBCN - a lollipop to you - you are correct! It is indeed the Pineapple at Dunmore on a somewhat wet and squally day. I was only about 10 steps from the car but in the ten minutes before this ray of sunshine broke through, I got soaked.

Ah, at least someone mentioned the place - it was getting a bit intriguing. Nice entrance with some very interesting parts to look at

Great take on the theme and a lovely image, I really like the balance between the objects and the negative space (although, for me, and no criticism of you, the white balance seems a tiny bit off - but that could be my display).

Clever - I like it :)

Much more difficult to take a shot of glass than I thought. Originally had it on black but kept getting stray reflections. Quite like the simplicity of the colours in this.

Well thought out and stage Joan. I like it

Great interpretation for the Young theme Joan. Well done for limiting the reflections. It possibly needs a bit of exposure compensation maybe as the image is mostly white?

Young
A good bit of creativity there.
A little bit of added light would help, it looks a little flat. I do like the composition.

I like the thinking for Young, nicely creative and lateral. Composition good (not entirely sure about the choice of wine, but drinkable), right choice of background colour.

FOOD
Week 13 - FOOD-N5A_0439.jpg

This food malarkey is a bit more difficult than I thought. The lighting is all wrong but I couldn't improve on it with what I've got. Think I might have to invest.
And it is homemade chocolate marshmallow fudge! Made for the camera club meeting tomorrow.

Attachments

• Week 13 - FOOD-N5A_0439.jpg
    Week 13 - FOOD-N5A_0439.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi Joan,

Entrance - Lovely gate and view beyond. Lots of detail in the foreground even though I imagine it was quite shaded.
Young - Great idea. I like the composition but the bg looks a little dark to me.
Food - yummy wish I was at your camera club :D Still life, I find quite hard. It is incredible where all the reflections and shadows come from. Do you have a reflector? These can help to bounce the light back and cut down the shadows. I got one from amazon for about £10-15. It has a diffuser in the middle and then a cover which gives you black/white/silver and gold depending on how you set it up :D

The other couple of still lifes I have taken in the conservatory using natural light but this one I took in the kitchen for the white table and the lighting is atrocious. Never thought of using a reflector. Oh well, on to the next challenge tomorrow! Hopefully it will be an outside one!

Back