Weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 42 added

Edit My Images
Yes
Very nice wet image. lovely DOF and the droplets are perfect.

I really like your free image. Great black and white, huge amount of detail and a very atmospheric image

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Love that bridge mono :)

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Interesting structure in the background on theme but it looks a little soft though that could be this forum.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just, a little catch up Joan.
Wet, the droplet and bokeh are spot on, really works
Free, the composition and framing really work. Nice pic
Entrance, like this. Is it a folly in the background ?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
A stoner pineapple - what's not to like? :)

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Wet: lovely image. Youve managed to catkin texture extremely well. Love the bokeh it really adds to the image.

Free: Some lovely detail in the bridge and the sky adds a nice contrast.

Entrance: a nicely focused image. Not sure about the tones in the sky though , like the HDR effect though.

You are certainly getting some great pictures with that new camera.

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Very good shot, the ENTRANCE leads the eye nicely to the structure, which looks like one of those follies I remember reading about at some point.

In fact, after Googling I will stick my neck out and say that it is the Dunmore Pineapple, or at least an identical copy of it.

OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
@BobBCN - a lollipop to you - you are correct! It is indeed the Pineapple at Dunmore on a somewhat wet and squally day. I was only about 10 steps from the car but in the ten minutes before this ray of sunshine broke through, I got soaked.

Edit My Images
Yes
Ah, at least someone mentioned the place - it was getting a bit intriguing. Nice entrance with some very interesting parts to look at

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Clever - I like it :)

OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
Much more difficult to take a shot of glass than I thought. Originally had it on black but kept getting stray reflections. Quite like the simplicity of the colours in this.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Young
A good bit of creativity there.
A little bit of added light would help, it looks a little flat. I do like the composition.

Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the thinking for Young, nicely creative and lateral. Composition good (not entirely sure about the choice of wine, but drinkable), right choice of background colour.

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Joan,

Entrance - Lovely gate and view beyond. Lots of detail in the foreground even though I imagine it was quite shaded.
Young - Great idea. I like the composition but the bg looks a little dark to me.
Food - yummy wish I was at your camera club :D Still life, I find quite hard. It is incredible where all the reflections and shadows come from. Do you have a reflector? These can help to bounce the light back and cut down the shadows. I got one from amazon for about £10-15. It has a diffuser in the middle and then a cover which gives you black/white/silver and gold depending on how you set it up :D

OP
OP
Scots_quine
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
The other couple of still lifes I have taken in the conservatory using natural light but this one I took in the kitchen for the white table and the lighting is atrocious. Never thought of using a reflector. Oh well, on to the next challenge tomorrow! Hopefully it will be an outside one!