weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

Hi Joan

Spooky, Is that your Husband, has he been on a diet? Hehe :) Clever thinking, clever processing.

Short, again good processing skills, looks very old vintage poster like to me and fits the time of year as well.

Pete

It's a bit rubbish that :D

Nice for the theme :)

Week 47 - FAR
week47-FAR-N5B_3779.jpg

Took a run up to the Japanese Garden in the thick fog. Almost turned back but persevered and when I got there it was brilliantly clear! Fog had crept in by the time I left so had to drive back in it.
Any number of titles for this one:
Far and Near
Far from the maddening crowd
Far from Home etc etc

Last edited:
Hi Joan

Great Image, love the colours, good exposure and plenty of details. It's a bit far to go, all the way to Japan, I just went out into the road!.

Pete

Nice Japanese garden image, very restful and on theme. The composition is really well balanced too.

That's a great picture of a beautiful garden, the colours are stunning

Very nice capture, looks like a lovely place to visit :)

Playing- nice owd feel. I like everything but the frame :)

Hi Joan

It has a cetain feel to the photo, like from yester year. Good B&W

Pete

Far - That's a lovely scene. Liking hte bridge on the 1/3rd, the water leads you through the photo to it.
Environmental - Not really my bag, but the colours are good, especially the orange against the green.

Loving your shot for Far Joan. I agree with Tim - the water leads my eye right to the bridge. Very nice.

Playing is a very nice shot too and especially works in mono. I feel I'd like a bit of a wider shot to see more of the sheet music though. It feels a little cramped for me.

Week 49 - BELOW + Long exposure
week 49-N5B_3889.jpg
Wanted to get the technique done this week but couldn't get further under the bridge with the water in the shot as well.
These would have been my other options without the technique.
week 49-2-N5B_3884.jpg

and right underneath it

week 49-3-N5B_3881-1.jpg

Hi Joan,
I think my fav is actually the last one, showing the tangle of metalwork from underneath, but I guess that wouldn't have let you get the technique in. were you using an ND for the first shot? (guessing it was daytime, so it would have to be).

Yep. I was using a 10 stop filter on the first shot which gave me a 6s shot on that one. First time I had used that filter and I really need to sit down and have a look at the exif in detail. Shutter speed did seem to be a bit variable but so was the weather. The blue skies lasted all of ten minutes, by the time I went round the corner for the long shot, the weather was starting to turn and then it just tipped it down.

Reactions: LC2
All three images are first class Joan!:clap:
I love #1 with the long exposure technique...superb colours and the smoothing of the clouds really makes this image stand out.
#2 and #3 are equally great, really excellent compositions, cannot fault them.
Fantastic work!

Hi Joan,

Thats a nice set of shots for Below. I like them all for different reasons but if I had to choose one, I think the first one. Very nice :)

@rpn The long exposure one was on the quay round the corner at North Queensferry and the others were closer up to the bridge. First time I had been at NQ since the new bridge went up and it has made a huge difference to the road network there.

Back