weekly Scots_quine's 52 Challenge for 2019 - week 52 added

I noticed the bite, too! But I would have had nothing left to photo!! Good shot, lighting doesn't look too bad to me. Having said that I know nothing about lighting and reflectors etc. I normally use a reading lamp …. :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$

Thank you all! The fudge went down a treat at the club last night! And the Tesco delivery man gave it the thumbs up as well - not that I normally feed the delivery drivers!

That's what I call smooth!!
A very good shot and great composition. As you say, pity about the overcast sky, but still a cracker.

Hi Joan,

Entrance - I think the sharpened version is an improvement as the entrance serves to focus your eye on the pineapple structure.

Young - A clever concept. Shame it's not time for Beaujolais Nouveau at the moment to get some really young wine.
I'm liking the layout / composition. I have to agree with the comment by Jim regarding the white balance being a bit warm possibly.

Food - If anything, the placement of the fudge is even better than the wine in your previous shot, with the crumbs, the single piece and then the stack. White balance is better on this :)

Smooth - I don't mind the overcast, almost misty appearance of the background, it gives the bridge the appearance of coming out of the mist (albeit not dense). I like this shot (y)

Smooth, nice subject and composition, i think it lacks a bit of punch though. Maybe some saturation, contrast or clarity.

I like the Smooth image, lovely composition and the mist does add to the overall impression. Nicely done.

Food - that looks lovely. The camera club are bloody lucky!!!

Smooth - I like the idea of this. I think I might have cropped tight to the bridge to try and accentuate it's curves/smoothness more.

Distant - I like the sun on the hilltops, I really like picture of the sculpture itself the light on it is good..
Cold - cold and frosty indeed I like that you can see the fish.
Rough - right on theme the B/W and the Processing really enhance the rough feel.
Object - Good choice of object and I like the use of a magnifying glass.
Wet - I love the water droplets at the end of the catkins, very wet indeed.
Free shot - Great shot the B/W really suits it
Entrance - I love the pineapple building in the background.
Young - good take on the theme, well composed still life,
Food - looks good enough to eat.
Smooth - lovely image I like the mistiness

Smooth
Good pov and a nice looking bridge. It's a shame about the sky, but you can't control the weather.

Hi Joan,

I seem to have missed commenting on these two...

Wet - Pops nicely from the colour matched background, and having caught the drips like that, it's certainly wet.
Free - Great moody B&W of Victorian architecture. I really, really like this :clap:

Fabulous perspective image Joan!(y)
Who thought those boring old pylons could look so interesting!
The tones in the sky are terrific, and the lines work so well....really takes you on a journey up to the very top.
For SOOC it's especially good!
Very nicely done!:clap:

Thank you Gareth. I was too scared to climb right underneath it which was my first thought!

Entrance - I like the sharpened image, like that the pineapple is in the bg, makes a nice composition.
Young - Fun take on the theme, nice composition.
Food - Looks really appetising! You can see the texture of the fudge, shadows don't take anything away for me.
Smooth - Nice smooth bridge. I don't mind the overcast light. Think this one would really suit mono.
Above - Really like the perspective of this, like the way the wires enter and leave the frame. The tower also stands out nicely against the blue sky.

Nice Joan!

Above and Smooth: very good ideas, nicely composed and exposed

Hi Joan, I'm catching up, you've some really super shots here on your thread,

ENTRANCE That looks so inviting, and I really like the pineapple top on the building in the distance.

YOUNG Simple but very effective, this one works perfectly for the theme. perfect placing of the props.

FOOD Well it looks delicious, and home made too, so extra special.

SMOOTH Is a wow one for me that is such a superb angle I love it.

ABOVE Once again you've hit the mark with the angle another excellent choice, glad you managed to get a bit of blue sky in.

ABOVE - I had this idea, but no pylons round my way. I like the angle you have chosen here.
HOT - And they're off. Great interpretation for this theme!!

Love this hot image. I'm looking to get a few of these this year via the odd country fair.

You've nailed that - really good action image

Week 17 - LIGHT
Week 17- LIGHT - N5A_2013.jpg
Have been a bit poorly this week so grabbed this one tonight - otherwise it was out with the candles later on! Not my finest hour!

It was a bit of a spooky time as the sky was glorious but still enough light on the pieris.

Hope you feel better very soon Joan.(y)
Your image for the light theme is fantastic!
I just can't get enough of those colours....the flowers in the foreground seem to be mirrored in the sky...very creative!
And the band of golden light through the tree silhouettes is perfect!:clap:
If this isn't your finest hour, then I'm quitting right now!!:giggle:

Joan, the colours are spectacular ! I think I might of cropped some of the bottom bushes possibly to impact the colours. Just my thoughts but a cracking pic

Hope you're feeling better now, Joan. Just a little catch-up from as I'm still trying to get up to date on my thread, and I do really like your image of the pylon for Above. I am envious as we don't have them here but I would love to try to get some images like this as they are clearly photogenic structures. It stands out well against the blue sky and you get a real sense of the height and size of it, too.

The dogs bursting out of the traps is an original choice for Hot and you caught the moment perfectly as they set off, while the colours in Light are superb and really well balanced from sky to foreground (y)

Hot and Light are fantastic, great movement in Hot, really captured well. The colours and light in your Light image are just superb. Really nice.

Back